You’re beyond the basics with Word, so dive right in and really put your content to work! This supremely organized reference is packed with hundreds of timesaving solutions, troubleshooting tips, and workarounds. It’s all muscle and no fluff. Discover how the experts tackle Word 2007—and challenge yourself to new levels of mastery!
- Master the tools to expertly organize, edit, and present your content
- Craft polished documents by using Building Blocks, Themes, and Quick Style Sets
- Add visual impact with SmartArt diagrams, charts, pictures, and drawings
- Create tables of contents, cross-references, and indexes for your complex documents
- Build online workspaces to manage and collaborate on documents
- Produce Web sites or publish a blog directly from Word 2007
- Discover the new Office Open XML format—and learn smarter ways to reuse your content
- Automate document creation by using Content Controls and Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Fully searchable eBook
- Resources for troubleshooting documents and optimizing performance
- Links to product demos, training courses, and user communities
- Resources for integrating Word 2007 with other Microsoft Office programs
- References for finding Word 2003 commands in Word 2007
- Windows Vista Product Guide eReference and other eBooks
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD
The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to email@example.com.
|Series:||Microsoft Inside Out Series|
|Product dimensions:||7.34(w) x 8.98(h) x 1.62(d)|
About the Author
Katherine Murray has written more than 60 computer books, including Microsoft Office 2010 Plain & Simple, Microsoft Word 2010 Plain & Simple, and Microsoft Word 2010 Inside Out. She specializes in teaching people and businesses how to improve their productivity using Microsoft technologies, and she loves the freedom that comes along with the “work virtually anywhere” approach Office 365 offers.
Mary Millhollon is a Microsoft Word expert and content specialist with years of publishing-industry experience. She is the coauthor of Microsoft Office Word 2003 Inside Out, Easy Web Design, and several other titles.
Beth Melton has been a computer instructor and developer since 1995. Along with developing custom Microsoft Office solutions for a wide range of clients, and instructing computer classes for local area colleges, she writes regularly on the Microsoft Office applications for Web sites, including Microsoft Office Online, TechTrax Online Magazine, The Word MVP Site, and the Microsoft Knowledge Base. She is a co-author of Microsoft Office Word 2007 Inside Out. Beth has been a Microsoft Office MVP since 2000, and is also a Microsoft Office Specialist Master Instructor.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Excellent reference for technical professional that needs a quick and well organized reference book to quickly find a "how to".
I am not a "techie" but I do like to perform functions correctly. I like this book in partnership with the DUMMIES books for details such as mail merge.