Take control of your projects with this in-depth guide
Whether you're managing a project for a small team or supervising a corporate assignment involving hundreds, the power of Microsoft Project 2007 and the detailed information in this comprehensive guide can keep you on track. From setting budgets to allocating resources to tracking results, each of the book's seven parts thoroughly focuses on key elements in a logical sequence so you can find what you need.
- Identify your goals and the scope of your projects
- Manage projects across organizations and multiple locations
- Get the most out of Gantt charts and views
- Assign tasks, check progress, and make adjustments
- Issue interim reports and look at the Big Picture
- Create a custom HTML page with VBA and VBScript
- Import and export Project information
What's on the CD-ROM?
You'll find a wealth of trial versions, demo software, sample projects, and bonus appendixes on the CD-ROM, including
- Milestones Professional(r) - Advanced formatting, calculation, Web publishing, and reporting features
- PERT Chart Expert - Create eye-opening PERT chart project plans
- PlanView(r) Project Portfolio Management - A comprehensive decision-making platform for enterprises
- WBS Chart Pro - Plan your projects with these graphing tools
System Requirements: See the CD-ROM Appendix for details and complete system requirements.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
|Series:||Bible Series , #678|
|Product dimensions:||7.45(w) x 9.34(h) x 2.01(d)|
About the Author
Elaine Marmel is President of Marmel Enterprises, LLC, an organization that specializes in technical writing and software training. Elaine has an MBA from Cornell University and worked on projects to build financial management systems for New York City and Washington, D.C. This prior experience provided the foundation for Marmel Enterprises, LLC to help small businesses implement computerized accounting systems.
Elaine left her native Chicago for the warmer climes of Arizona (by way of Cincinnati, OH; Jerusalem, Israel; Ithaca, NY; Washington, D.C., and Tampa, FL) where she basks in the sun with her PC and her dog Josh and her cats, Cato, Watson, and Buddy, and sings barbershop harmony with the 2006 International Championship Scottsdale Chorus.
Elaine spends most of her time writing; she has authored and co-authored more than 30 books about Microsoft Project, QuickBooks, Peachtree, Quicken for Windows, Quicken for DOS, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word for Windows, Microsoft Word for the Mac, Windows 98, 1-2-3 for Windows, and Lotus Notes. From 1994 to 2006, she also was the contributing editor to monthly publications Peachtree Extra and QuickBooks Extra.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
The Bible for Project 2003 was superb. However the 2007 version falls short, especially when compared to contemporaries such as Project Inside Out. Does not have the depth of information that Inside Out has. Not bad as a supplement, but would not use as your main or only reference.