Microsoft® SharePoint 2010 Unleashed
Using Microsoft SharePoint 2010 technologies, organizations can bring together, utilize, and collaborate with information from virtually any source. Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Unleashed is the most complete, practical resource for all administrators, managers, architects, users, and power users who want to make the most of this powerful platform.
Drawing on their experience implementing SharePoint solutions in hundreds of organizations, Michael Noel and Colin Spence cover all facets of succeeding with SharePoint: planning, deployment, migration, scalability, administration, security, Microsoft Office integration, workflow and dashboard development, and more.
Noel and Spence illuminate the newest SharePoint innovations, from new social networking features to improved search, helping you make the most of both SharePoint Foundation and SharePoint Server 2010. Using easy-to-understand, step-by-step examples, the authors help you streamline administration, optimize performance, control cost, and implement high-value solutions for collaboration, document management, and business intelligence.
- Architect and implement SharePoint 2010, and migrate from legacy SharePoint servers
- Perform advanced installations that maximize scalability
- Monitor, back up, and restore SharePoint environments
- Maintain the SQL Server databases on which SharePoint 2010 relies
- Systematically improve edge, transport, and content security
- Deploy SharePoint in extranets and alternative authentication scenarios
- Create highly efficient virtualized SharePoint 2010 farms
- Customize and manage libraries and lists for your specific requirements
- Design and manage pages and sites for knowledge workers
- Effectively manage metadata and content types
- Integrate content using Office Web Apps and Excel, Access, and Visio Graphics Services
- Create both out-of-the-box and customized SharePoint workflows
- Develop custom solutions with SharePoint Designer 2010 and Visual Studio 2010
- Create BI solutions with PerformancePoint and Business Connectivity Services
- Govern your SharePoint ecosystem for maximum value
Michael Noel, MS-MVP, MCITP, is an internationally recognized technology expert, bestselling author, and well-known public speaker on a wide range of IT topics. He is the author of 17 books, including Exchange Server 2010 Unleashed, Windows Server 2008 R2 Unleashed, and Microsoft Forefront Unleashed. His books have been translated into more than a dozen languages. Colin Spence, MCP, MCTS SharePoint, has worked with SharePoint technologies for nearly a decade, helping hundreds of clients architect, implement, and manage customized SharePoint solutions. He speaks, publishes, and blogs regularly on SharePoint technologies. Noel and Spence are partners at Convergent Computing, a leading Microsoft partner in the San Francisco Bay area, and co-authors of SharePoint 2007 Unleashed.
ON THE WEB:
Download all examples and source code presented in this book from informit.com/title/9780672333255
Category: Microsoft Office 2010
Covers: Microsoft SharePoint 2010
User Level: Intermediate–Advanced
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||45 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|
About the Author
Michael Noel, MS-MVP, MCITP, is an internationally recognized technology expert, bestselling author, and well-known public speaker on a broad range of IT topics. He has authored 17 major industry books that have been translated into more than a dozen languages worldwide. Significant titles include SharePoint 2007 Unleashed, Exchange Server 2010 Unleashed, Windows Server 2008 R2 Unleashed, Forefront Unleashed, and many more. Currently a partner at Convergent Computing (www.cco.com) in the San Francisco Bay area, Michael’s writings and extensive public speaking experience across six continents leverage his real-world expertise helping organizations realize business value from information technology infrastructure.
Colin Spence, MCP, MCTS SharePoint, is a partner at Convergent Computing (www.cco.com) and has worked with SharePoint technologies for nearly a decade. He has worked with hundreds of clients architecting, implementing, configuring, and supporting SharePoint solutions that meet their unique business requirements. Colin has authored several bestselling books on SharePoint products for the Sams Publishing Unleashedseries, including SharePoint 2003, 2007, and now 2010. He contributes to numerous blogs and publications and speaks regularly on SharePoint technologies.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews