Learn more-advanced skills to design, build, test, deploy, and maintain SQL Server databases—one step at a time. Ideal for developers who understand database essentials, this learn-by-doing tutorial offers practical guidance, code samples, and a collection of techniques to help you solve real-world business problems.
Discover how to:
- Manage data access with server logins and user and server roles
- Implement a disaster recovery strategy
- Use aggregate functions to compute totals and complex statistical values
- Optimize query performance by managing IO statistics and designing indexes
- Work with remote data sources—including third-party databases
- Provide remote access through the Internet or a middle-tier service interface
- Manage transactions, implement error handlers, and define isolation levels
- Go further and work with SQL Server Reporting Services and Notification Services
Includes a CD featuring:
- All practice exercises
- Code samples
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
|Series:||PRO-Step by Step Developer|
|Edition description:||2005 ed.|
|Product dimensions:||7.78(w) x 8.82(h) x 1.11(d)|
About the Author
The mentors at Solid Quality Learning combine deep technical expertise and real-world implementation experience to provide advanced solutions and training for the Microsoft SQL Server database platform.