An authoritative guide to designing effective solutions for datacleansing, ETL, and file management with SQL Server 2008Integration Services
SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) is the leading tool inthe data warehouse industry, used for performing extraction,transformation, and load operations.
After an overview of SSIS architecture, the authors walk you aseries of real-world problems and show various techniques forhandling them.
- Shows you how to design SSIS solutions for data cleansing, ETLand file management
- Demonstrates how to integrate data from a variety of datasources,
- Shows how to monitor SSIS performance,
- Demonstrates how to avoid common pitfalls involved with SSISdeployment
- Explains how to ensure performance of the deployed solution andeffectively handle unexpected system failures and outages
- The companion Web site provides sample code and databasescripts that readers can directly implement
This book shows you how to design, build, deploy, and managesolutions to real-world problems that SSIS administrators anddevelopers face day-to-day.
|Product dimensions:||7.30(w) x 9.20(h) x 1.00(d)|
About the Author
Erik Veerman is a Microsoft MVP for SQL Server and a mentorfor Solid Quality Mentors. He is a coauthor of Professional SQLServer 2008/2005 Integration Services with Brian Knight.
Jessica M. Moss is a Microsoft MVP in SQL Server and a BImentor, consultant, and trainer with Solid Quality Mentors.
Brian Knight is a Microsoft MVP For SQL Server and thecofounder of SQLServerCentral.com and JumpstartTV.com.
Jay Hackney is a mentor and consultant for Solid QualityMentors, who works with SSIS to provide data warehousing and ETLsolutions.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: SSIS Solution Architecture.
Chapter 2: SSIS Management Framework Design.
Chapter 3: Package Deployment and Storage Decisions.
Chapter 4: File-Handling and Processing Methods.
Chapter 5: Data Extraction Best Practices.
Chapter 6: Data-Cleansing Design.
Chapter 7: Dimension Table ETL.
Chapter 8: Fact Table ETL.
Chapter 9: SSAS Processing Architecture.
Chapter 10: Implementing Scale-Out ETL Process.
Chapter 11: Scripting Design Patterns.
Chapter 12: SSIS Package Scaling.