Teach yourself SQL Server 2008—one step at a time. Get the practical guidance you need to build database solutions that solve real-world business problems. Learn to integrate SQL Server data in your applications, write queries, develop reports, and employ powerful business intelligence systems.
Discover how to:
- Install and work with core components and tools
- Create tables and index structures
- Manipulate and retrieve data
- Secure, manage, back up, and recover databases
- Apply tuning plus optimization techniques to generate high-performing database applications
- Optimize availability through clustering, database mirroring, and log shipping
- Tap business intelligence tools—Reporting, Analysis, and Integration Services
- Practice exercises and code samples
- Fully searchable eBook
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
|Series:||Step by Step Developer Series|
|Product dimensions:||7.30(w) x 8.90(h) x 1.50(d)|
About the Author
Mike Hotek is a SQL Server expert with three decades' experience as a consultant and solution developer. He has written several books, including Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Step by Step.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I cannot get the sample database to install. I visited both Microsoft's and Codeplex's websites and cannot find a solution, just allot of people with the same problem! Because of this this book is completely worthless and until someone fixes this problem you are just throwing your money away!!
Being certified in SQL 2008 devlopment this book is great to get started with the new features of SQL2008. Any one that has experience can you this a quick start guide.