Get it by Wednesday, September 27
, Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Same Day delivery in Manhattan. Details
Build agile and responsive Business Intelligence solutions
Analyze tabular data using the BI Semantic Model (BISM) in Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services—and discover a simpler method for creating corporate-level BI solutions. Led by three BI experts, you’ll learn how to build, deploy, and query a BISM tabular model with step-by-step guides, examples, and best practices. This hands-on book shows you how the tabular model’s in-memory database enables you to perform rapid analytics—whether you’re a professional BI developer new to Analysis Services or familiar with its multidimensional model.
Discover how to:
- Determine when a tabular or multidimensional model is right for your project
- Build a tabular model using SQL Server Data Tools in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
- Integrate data from multiple sources into a single, coherent view of company information
- Use the Data Analysis eXpressions (DAX) language to create calculated columns, measures, and queries
- Choose a data modeling technique that meets your organization’s performance and usability requirements
- Optimize your data model for better performance with xVelocity storage engine
- Manage complex data relationships, such as multicolumn, banding, and many-to-many
- Implement security by establishing administrative and data user roles
|Series:||Developer Reference Series|
|Product dimensions:||7.30(w) x 8.90(h) x 1.30(d)|
About the Author
Alberto Ferrari is a Business Intelligence consultant whose two main interests are in a methodological approach to the BI development lifecycle, and performance tuning of ETL and SQL code. His activities are related to designing and implementing solutions based on Integration Services and Analysis Services for the financial, manufacturing and statistical areas. He is also a book author and a speaker in international conferences such as PASS Summit, SQLRally and SQLBits. Alberto holds an SSAS Maestro certification.