Your hands-on guide to Visual Basic fundamentals
Expand your expertise—and teach yourself the fundamentals of Microsoft Visual Basic 2013. If you have previous programming experience but are new to Visual Basic 2013, this tutorial delivers the step-by-step guidance and coding exercises you need to master core topics and techniques.
Discover how to:
- Master essential Visual Basic programming techniques
- Begin building apps for Windows Store, Windows Phone 8, and ASP.NET
- Design apps using XAML markup, touch input, and live tiles
- Tackle advanced language concepts, such as polymorphism
- Manage data sources including XML documents and web data
- Create a Windows Phone 8 app that manages key lifecycle events
|Series:||Step by Step Developer Series|
|Product dimensions:||7.40(w) x 9.00(h) x 1.70(d)|
About the Author
Michael Halvorson, a former Visual Basic localization manager at Microsoft, has written more than 30 books on technology and other subjects, including Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 Step by Step, Microsoft Office XP Inside Out, and Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Professional Step by Step.