Deploy and manage Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Office 2003 Editions with expertise from well-known Windows authority Jerry Honeycutt. This official RESOURCE KIT packs the in-depth information you need to determine the best deployment path for your organization; prepare and test for deployment; automate, customize, and distribute installations; and manage and support your deployment. You also get timesaving scripts, worksheets, and a searchable eBook on CD—everything you need to help maximize the performance and reliability of your business desktops and help reduce ownership and support costs.
Get in-depth guidance on how to:
- Apply best practices for deployment planning
- Identify and resolve migration and application compatibility issues
- Configure user settings, build distribution points, and “chain” installations
- Plan for and migrate users’ existing data and settings
- Create disk images and deploy them using third-party tools
- Use Remote Installation Services (RIS) to support clean installations
- Help automate deployment with Systems Management Server (SMS)
- Deploy critical security and feature updates with Microsoft Software Update Services (SUS)
- Provide multilingual compatibility and enable support for mobile users
- Automate desktop deployment and management tasks with batch scripts
- Scripts, worksheets, white papers, and an eBook.
Get scripts to:
- Configure data
- Copy device drivers
- Join domains
- List applications
- Run installations
- Migrate users
- and more
Plus worksheets for:
Application compatibility and testing
- Disk imaging
- Distribution methods and shares
- Dynamic updates
- Master configuration
- RIS planning, deployment, testing
- Windows XP Group Policy
- and more
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
|Series:||Pro-Resource Kit Series|
|Edition description:||with CD-ROM|
|Product dimensions:||7.10(w) x 9.25(h) x 1.55(d)|
About the Author
Jerry Honeycutt, MVP for Windows, is a popular author with more than 25 books to his credit, including Microsoft Windows Desktop Deployment Resource Kit. In addition, he is a columnist for Windows XP Expert Zone and Microsoft TechNet.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Flamekit huffed and turned away, pawing at the dirt.
He looks around, scared.<p> +Oakkit the Childish+<p> Deepkit stands next to Oakkit, his fur bristling slightly.<p> &psi Deepkit the Strong &psi
Padded after ashpaw whats wrong? <p> &Omega &alpha Dusty the amazing duster &alpha &Omega