- Get it by Tuesday, September 26 , Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Your Definitive Resource on Microsoft Windows Server 2008
"Build your network the right way with expert advice! This book provides real-world help in implementing Windows Server 2008 with attention to the use of virtualization solutions covering all you need to know in one well-written guide to success." Bob Kelly, AppDeploy.com and Technical Reviewer
Plan, set up, and administer a powerful, scalable Microsoft Windows Server 2008 environment. Featuring detailed explanations, best practices, pragmatic checklists, and real-world implementation examples, this comprehensive resource shows you how to deploy, manage, and secure WS08 on enterprise networks of all sizes.
Microsoft Windows Server 2008: The Complete Reference explains how to develop migration plans and transition to WS08, configure AD and Internet services, handle print and Web servers, and work with resource pools and network delegation rights. You'll get full coverage of the latest virtualization techniques, OU strategies, remote administration features, and storage maintenance utilities. Find out how to tune performance, deploy bulletproof security, create reliable system backups, and design failsafe disaster recovery plans. You'll also learn to rely on resource pools and virtual service offerings to create the very best Windows infrastructure implementation.
- Migrate legacy networks to a Windows Server 2008-based infrastructure
- Configure ADDS, User Services, DNS, DHCP, and IIS7
- Set up the Network and Build Network Infrastructure Servers
- Use Server Core to run the Hyper-V role on host servers
- Design user and computer Group Policy strategies, network delegation rights, and OU strategies
- Manage file, print, application, terminal, Web, and collaboration servers as virtual service offerings
- Administer WS08 from the MMC, PowerShell, desktop, and command line
- Optimize redundancy using Windows Clustering Services and NLB on both host and virtual machines
- Secure WS08 using the Castle Defense System, BitLocker, Kerberos, EFS, PKI, smart cards, and biometrics
- Back up and restore data using WBAdmin.exe, the Volume Shadow Copy service, and the Recovery Wizard
- Rely on the most up-to-date task list to create a complete administration plan once the network is deployed
|Publisher:||McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||7.30(w) x 9.10(h) x 1.71(d)|
About the Author
Danielle Ruest is a senior enterprise workflow architect and consultant with more than 20 years of experience in systematic project implementations. She is the coauthor of Windows Server 2003 Pocket Administration. Danielle is a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional for the Virtual Machine product line.
Nelson Ruest is a senior enterprise IT architect with more than 25 years of experience in migration planning and network, PC, server, and overall solution design. He is the coauthor of Windows Server 2003: Best Practices for Enterprise Deployments. Nelson is a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional for the Windows Server product line.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
This ¿complete reference¿ is a good partner for our migration. Easy to follow and helpfull graphics, it¿s a must for any good start with WS08!