This book offers everything you'll need to upgrade your existing programming knowledge and begin to develop applications for the Windows Phone.
It focuses on the 75 percent of the material that you will need 95 percent of the time. We're not going to teach you object-oriented programming (OOP) all over again, but we are going to take the time to point out how .NET and C# differ in their execution of the standard OOP concepts from other languages' implementations in order to make your migration as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Migrating to Windows Phone will lead you through a tour of the key features of developing for Microsoft's devices. We'll consider everything from data handling to accelerometers, from mapping to WCF. We'll also walk you through monetizing your application through Microsoft's online Windows Phone store.
About the Author
Table of Contents
- Get Set Up: Getting all the tools
- Get to Work: Building a non-trivial application
- Get Control: Exploring the Windows Phone 7 controls
- Get the Data: Working with data-bound applications
- Get a Life: The Windows Phone 7life cycle
- Get Moving: Enhancing your applications with Animation
- Get a Job: Interacting with the Phone, camera, GPS, etc.
- Get Pushy: Push notifications
- Get Online: Connecting to and browsing the web
- Get Lost: GPS, location services and maps
- Get Money: The Marketplace and monetizing your application