Featuring unparalleled full-color illustrations and detailed descriptions, Miller and Evan’s Anatomy of the Dog, 5th Edition makes it easy to master the intricate details of canine morphology. Content has been updated throughout the text to reflect the latest knowledge regarding the development, structure, and function of the canine body. Chapters in the text are logically organized by body system and written by expert anatomists who lend their extensive knowledge of particular structures. Plus, there’s a special introductory chapter on breed categories from the American Kennel Club to help you understand dog breeds and how they are determined. This new edition also features an enhanced focus on digital radiology and includes upgraded MR and CT scans throughout the text. Most notably, however, are the elaborate full-color illustrations by expert medical illustrators that bring complex anatomy to life in a way that no other vet text can. Overall, Miller and Evan’s Anatomy of the Dog is an invaluable reference for veterinary students, clinicians, technicians, breeders, and animal specialists alike.
• Elaborate full-color illustrations created by expert medical illustrators bring canine structures to life and enhance your understanding of their function.
• The most up-to-date nomenclature from the Nomina Anatomica Veterinaria (NAV) ― the standard reference for anatomical (zootomical) terminology is reflected throughout the text’s content.
• Up-to-date text and bibliographic references from the most current literature offer easy access to all primary sources of information for further study and interpretation.
• Expert anatomist authors contribute their current knowledge of particular structures.
• Chapters logically organized by body system follows the course structure in most veterinary school curricula.
• Coverage of AKC breed categories offers a basic understanding of dog breeds and how they are determined by the American Kennel Club.
• NEW! Co-editor John W. Hermanson joins the team of Evans and de Lahunta to provide further expertise in the areas of anatomy and comparative anatomy.
• NEW! Upgraded digital radiology with a special emphasis on MR and CT scans has been incorporated throughout the text.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.75(w) x 11.06(h) x (d)|
Table of Contents
1.The Dog and Its Relatives
6.The Muscular System
7.The Digestive Apparatus and Abdomen
8.The Respiratory System
9.The Urogenital System
10.The Endocrine System
11.The Heart and Arteries
13.The Lymphatic System
14.Introduction to the Nervous System
15.The Autonomic Nervous System
16.The Spinal Cord and Meninges
17.The Spinal Nerves
19.The Cranial Nerves