Anesthesia E-Bookby Ronald D. Miller, Lars I. Eriksson, Lee A Fleisher, Jeanine P. Wiener-Kronish, William L. Young
From fundamental principles to advanced subspecialty procedures, Miller’s Anesthesia covers the full scope of contemporary anesthesia practice. It is the go-to reference for masterful guidance on the technical, scientific, and clinical challenges you face. Now new chapters, new authors, meticulous updates, an increased international presence, and a new full-color design ensure that the 7th edition continues the tradition of excellence that you depend on.
- Covers the full scope of contemporary anesthesia practice.
- Offers step-by-step instructions for patient management and an in-depth analysis of ancillary responsibilities and problems.
- Incorporates ‘Key Points’ boxes in every chapter that highlight important concepts.
- Extends the breadth of international coverage with contributions from prominent anesthesiologists from all over the world, including China, India, and Sweden.
- Features 30 new authors and 13 new chapters such as Sleep, Memory and Consciousness; Perioperative Cognitive Dysfunction; Ultrasound Guidance for Regional Anesthesia; Anesthesia for Correction of Cardiac Arrhythmias; Anesthesia for Bariatric Surgery; Prehospital Emergency and Trauma Care; Critical Care Protocols; Neurocritical Care; and Renal Replacement Therapy.
- Dedicates an entire section to pediatric anesthesia, to help you address the unique needs of pediatric patients.
- Presents a new full-color design -- complete with more than 1,500 full-color illustrations -- for enhanced visual guidance.
Description: This is the fourth edition of a textbook that has long been one of the mainstays of anesthesiology resident teaching in North America.
Purpose: The two-volume work is designed to be a comprehensive teaching textbook and reference, intended to cover the art and science of anesthesiology.
Audience: The audience includes both anesthesiology residents and practicing anesthesiologists.
Features: The unique features are: (1) peer review by a panel of consulting editors, each of whom is an internationally recognized expert in his or her area of anesthesiology; (2) a complete updating of each chapter from the previous edition, including references to current anesthesiology literature; (3) new chapters covering laser and laparoscopic surgery, organ transplantation, and new therapies, such as surfactant therapy. Information on the latest developments in anesthesiology, such as the use of the laryngeal mask airway, transesophageal echocardiography, new volatile anesthetic agents, and muscle relaxants have been included in this edition. Additionally, a new section is a color atlas of regional anesthesia.
Assessment: This is one of the most complete teaching and reference textbooks covering the field of anesthesiology. It should be on the shelves of every anesthesiology department and hospital library. There are a few errors, particularly in the atlas of regional anesthesia, where needles have been misdrawn and epidural space anatomy oversimplified. As with any comprehensive text attempting to cover a field as broad as anesthesiology, chapters are necessarily short and cover the basic information, often ignoring controversial areas. These factors make this a better teaching text for residents than reference book on various subspecialities of anesthesiology.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 103 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews