A deer will walk calmly in front of a pack of lions that has already made its kill. The deer instinctively knows that a lion will not eat more than it needs. Studies show that even three-year-olds naturally stop eating before satiation. Yet if a piece of chocolate could walk, it would never venture close to a person, even after that person has finished a five-course meal! Animals and young children don’t have more control or willpower than adults. Over time, habitual behavior overtakes instinct and we learn to overeat.
The culture we live in promotes the belief that a ‘skinny’ or ‘ripped’ body is a means to the coveted ideal of happiness. Most diets ignore the mind although your physical health depends on it. Depression can lead to death, anxiety damages the body, and sadness or stress often leads to overeating. Even simple bad eating habits are enforced in the subconscious mind and losing weight is often more dependent on behavior modification and a change in perception, rather than just a change of diet or exercise.
If you work on the mind or body alone, it will have some sort of spillover effect and the one will impact the other. However, when you focus on both mind and body simultaneously, you create an almost magical ‘synergy’, causing a greater impact than if you treat them separately. The reciprocal relationship between mind and body was already known to many of the greatest physicians and philosophers through the centuries, like Hippocrates (460-370 BC) and Maimonides (1135-1204). Of late, modern day psychology and nutritional science are taking a renewed interest in the ancient perspectives on happiness and weight loss.
MIND BODY SYNERGY identifies fundamental principles in both ancient and current research, providing a practical system for mastering mindfulness and weight loss. Zulberg refined and tested this system over 18 years, with thousands of success stories. Practical guidelines for managing stress, anger, break-ups, loneliness, altering your perception, and mindful eating are interwoven into a step-by-step method for changing your meals, snacking, and exercise habits. The concept of ‘Subconscious Habit Formation’ is introduced with a realistic method for unleashing its power so you can make changes at the source and forever. You will learn how to break the cycle of addiction, make new healthy habits stick, and start a down to earth program of meditation.
Zulberg’s plan has just six habits, implemented at the right pace. You add one new habit every 5 days, for 30 days. That’s it. Four habits relate to your diet, one habit to fitness, and one habit to mindfulness. There are also over 60 healthy and delicious recipes, with beautiful images, by well-known chefs and nutritionists. On the Mind Body Synergy program, your pounds will automatically fall off and stay off, while you notice a positive shift in perception, no matter what life throws at you. It is not because you are actively seeking these results but as an expected consequence of reclaiming your born right to be in touch with your natural instincts - a mind body synergy.
|Product dimensions:||6.69(w) x 9.61(h) x 0.46(d)|
Table of Contents
1. ANCIENT AND SCIENTIFIC PRINCIPLES
2. BREAKING THE CYCLE OF ADDICTION
3. SUBCONSCIOUS HABIT FORMATION
4. EXPRESSING YOUR TRUE SELF
5. HABIT 1: MINDFULNESS AND EMOTIONAL WELLNESS
6. ALTER YOUR PERCEPTIONS AND ‘ACT’ HAPPY
7. START MEDITATING EVERY DAY
8. MINDFUL EATING
9. ANGER ZONES AND MANAGEMENT
10. FIND YOURSELF FIRST
11. THE ULTIMATE LEVEL OF MIND BODY SYNERGY
12. RESTORE YOUR BODY’S NATURAL INSTINCTS
13. MAKE NEW HEALTHY HABITS STICK
14. HABIT 2: ENJOY YOUR MAIN MEAL WITHOUT OVEREATING
15. HABIT 3: ADD CARBS TO A MEAL AND STILL LOSE WEIGHT
16. HABIT 4: HAVE TWO MAIN MEALS A DAY
17. HABIT 5: EXERCISE MOTIVATION AND ROUTINE
18. HABIT 6: SMART SNACKING BETWEEN MEALS
19. APHORISMS TO INSPIRE HEALTH AND HAPPINESS
20. THE DIARIES
21. MIND BODY SYNERGY RECIPES
- FRUIT/VEGETABLE MEAL RECIPES
- PROTEIN AND VEGETABLES MAIN MEAL RECIPES
- ADD CARBS, ONLY SECONDS OF VEGETABLES RECIPES
- SNACKS < 120 CALORIES RECIPES
- SIDES AND DRESSING RECIPES