This book is designed to help you bring mindfulness and social justice to the forefront of your education practice, so you can work toward self-actualization and social transformation. Author Raquel Ríos offers instructional practices, coaching strategies, and implementation tools to help you activate mind, body, and spirit on your journey to making real changes toward equity in your school or classroom.
- Chapter One explains the importance of realizing one’s powers and how bias can limit our ability to see the truth in people and situations.
- Chapter Two introduces you to the domains of human experience (personal, social, and transpersonal) and how they lead to the targeted practices of authentic presence, freedom, and emergence.
- Chapters Three through Five delve into each domain, offering strategies, activities, reflection questions, and application to practice tools.
- Chapter Six discusses the importance of building the right team in our schools, and how we need to examine how we recruit talent if we want to innovate our profession.
With the powerful reflection tools and activities in this book, you and your teams will feel more equipped and supported on your path toward mindfulness, social justice and change in education.
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x (d)|
About the Author
Raquel Ríos, PhD, is an educator, learning designer and consultant. She is the author of the book Teacher Agency for Equity: A Framework for Conscientious Engagement (Routledge, 2017).
Table of Contents
1. Are Either Magical, or You Are Not 2. Three Domains for Peak Learning Experience 3. Authentic Presence 4. Freedom 5. Emergence 6. The Unicorn Point