This book is designed to help you bring mindfulness and social justice to the forefront of your education practice, so you can work toward self-actualization and social transformation. Author Raquel Ríos offers instructional practices, coaching strategies and implementation tools to help you activate mind, body and spirit on your journey to making real changes toward equity in your school or classroom.
- Chapter 1 explains the importance of realizing one’s powers and how power increases when we discover its purpose and utility in society.
- Chapter 2 introduces you to the three domains of Peak Learning Experience (Personal, Social and Transpersonal) that lead to the targeted practices of Authentic Presence, Freedom and Emergence and discusses how bias can limit our ability to see the truth in people and situations.
- Chapters 3–5 delve into each domain, offering strategies, activities, reflection questions and application to practice tools.
- Chapter 6 discusses the importance of building the right team and the need to change how we recruit talent if we want to innovate our profession.
With the powerful reflection tools and activities in this book, you and your teams will feel more equipped and supported on your path toward mindfulness, social justice and change in education.
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x (d)|
About the Author
Raquel Ríos (@RaquelRiosPhd) is an educator, learning designer and consultant. She is the author of the book Teacher Agency for Equity: A Framework for Conscientious Engagement (Routledge, 2017).
Table of Contents
1. You are Either Magical, or You are Not 2. Three Domains for Peak Learning Experience 3. Authentic Presence: Personal Awareness and Self-Mastery 4. Freedom: Social Awareness and Adaptability 5. Emergence: Transpersonal Awareness and Agency 6. The Unicorn Point