Paint and markers, fabric and thread... It's time to MIX THINGS UP!
Whether you're a mixed-media artist or a passionate sewer, discover innovative ways to combine fabrics, textures, found objects and more to create meaningful pieces of fabric art.
In addition to inspiring mixed-media techniques, inside Mixed and Stitched you'll find:
- Step-by-step instructions for 16 personal projects such as journals, love notes, bags and home dcor items.
- Free-form, "sketchy" stitching techniques that put the stress of sewing perfection to rest.
- Techniques for dyeing your own fabric to achieve custom colors for any project!
- Original bonus embroidery designs to enhance the projects or spice up your own fabric creations.
- A gallery of mixed-media and fabric art to help inspire your own works of imagination.
Unleash your inner "stitch artist" and get Mixed and Stitched today!
|Product dimensions:||8.20(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.40(d)|
About the Author
Jen Osborn teaches her cutting edge techniques locally and at national mixed-media conferences. Her artwork has been published in Cloth Paper Scissors, Art Quilting Studio, Jewelry Affaire, Stuffed #3, Somerset, Belle Armoire, Amber Lotus, Quarry Books, Stampington & Co., and Artist Trading Card Workshop (North Light Books). Jen's art has been on display as part of group shows at The Paper Studio and A Studio Gallery.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I love to sew, but don't love to use patterns. What I love about this book is the charming, no-pattern approach to most of the projects. The organic stitching techniques are great and the projects are all things that not only come together in an afternoon, but are easy to personalize with my own artistic touch, thanks to the many mixed-media techniques included.