An essential element of radio technology and propagation is how to use radio technology and knowledge of radio propagation to design a network that meets the needs of customers. Mobile Radio Network Design in the VHF and UHF Bands provides the technical and fundamental knowledge required for advanced mobile radio network design to achieve this in terms that the engineer will understand, and augments this with essential information gleaned from the authors' extensive experience in mobile radio network design.
In this book you will find out how some of the most highly-regarded radio network designers around go about designing radio networks that actually meet the needs of the network subscriber and of the network operator. It describes a well-proven framework that meets the essential need of ensuring that each step of the design project is carried out against known, unique and unambiguous requirements, and that these requirements have been extensively validated against the original requirements.
- Reveals the secrets behind coverage design, capacity planning, interference analysis and reduction, frequency assignment and verifying that the delivered network actually performs as promised
- Introduces the concept of documentary deliverables as part of the project and underlines the need for method statements, user requirement, functional, test and design specifications
- Provides readers with a far greater understanding of the methods and processes necessary to bring about the successful completion of a radio network project
- Highlights vital aspects of radio network projects that are not always apparent to every engineer, but which may have a vital impact on the success of the project
The powerful approach used in this book will help to ensure the successful completion of every project and will be the basis for ensuring contractual compliance at every stage. It is an indispensable resource for all radio network design consultants and engineers, network operator technical managers, radio regulation engineers and military radio network planners.
|Product dimensions:||6.93(w) x 9.98(h) x 1.15(d)|
Table of Contents
2. Spectrum and Standards.
3. Mobile Radio Technologies.
4. The Mobile Environment Part 1: Propagation Mechanisms and Modelling.
5. The Mobile Environment Part 2: Fading, Margins and Link Budgets.
6. The Radio Network Design Environment.
7. Selection of Engineering Tools and Data.
8. Starting the Project.
9. Mobile Coverage Design.
10. Traffic Demand and Capacity.
11. Network Design Methods.
13. Network Interference.
14. Frequency Assignment.
16. Mobile Network Development Cookbook.