Modern Elementary Statistics / Edition 7 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
- Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference
Modern Elementary Statistics / Edition 7
- The text uses many of the different technological packages available in statistics, such as MINITAB.
- The book features display screens of the TI-83 graphing calculator.
- Many of the exercises deal with real or realistic data.
- The tenth edition has cumulative review exercises for sets of related Chapters 1-4, 5-7, 8-10, 11-14 and 15-18.
- Cross-referencing within the text has been simplified greatly by numbering the examples throughout each chapter.
|Publisher:||Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference|
|Edition description:||7th ed|
Table of Contents1. Introduction.
2. Summarizing Data: Listing and Grouping.
3. Summarizing Data: Measures of Location.
4. Summarizing Data: Measures of Variation.
Review Exercises for Chapters 1, 2, 3, and 4.
5. Possibilities and Probabilities.
6. Some Rules of Probability.
7. Expectations and Decisions.
Review Exercises for Chapters 5, 6, and 7.
8. Probability Distributions.
9. The Normal Distribution.
10. Sampling and Sampling Distributions.
Review Exercises for Chapters 8, 9, and 10.
11. Problems of Estimation.
12. Tests of Hypotheses: Means.
13. Tests of Hypotheses: Standard Deviations.
14. Tests of Hypotheses Based on Count Data.
15. Analysis of Variance.
18. Nonparametric Tests.
Review Exercises for Chapters 15, 16, 17, and 18.
Answers to Odd-numbered Exercises.