Using a transactional and interdisciplinary approach, this challenging yet accessible casebook examines the legal, business, and tax issues of real estate financing. Completely revised for both currency and accessibility, Modern Real Estate Finance and Land Transfer: A Transactional Approach, Third Edition, is an exceptionally strong teaching tool.
Users of previous editions will recognize these distinctive features of the casebook:
• Sophisticated, yet teachable text thoroughly explains the increasingly complex legal, business, and tax issues surrounding real estate transactions.
• Effective use of a transactional and interdisciplinary approach teaches the general rule of law that govern a given real estate transaction, the underlying rationale or policy for the rule, and how (or whether) a rule can be superseded by the mutual consent of each party.
• Real-world examples foster the skills required of attorneys practicing in real estate firms.
• Topical and chronological organization of real estate and real estate finance follows the lending cycle in modern real estate financing.
• Accessible explanations demonstrate the rules of law that govern real estate transactions.
• Questions and planning problems give students contact with relevant transactions or documents to help them examine issues in context.
• The expertise of authors who are scholar-practitioners keeps the book grounded in reality.
• Discussion of commercial vs. residential real estate.
Some of the many changes and improvements for this edition include:
• New co-author Celeste Hammond, who directs the Real Estate Law LL.M. program at John Marshall Law School and is chair of the new AALS section on real estate transactions and of the Legal Education Committee of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers.
• New Chapters on shared ownership communities and alternative dispute resolution in real estate transactions.
• Expanded coverage, making the book suitable for a real estate transactions or real estate planning course, as well as a basic mortgages course.
• More attention paid to important issues in commercial leasing transactions.
• Introduction of cutting-edge theme of the paradigm shift from property to contract law in real estate transactions.
• Additional coverage of legal ethics in the challenging post-Enron environment for business lawyers.
• An updated Teacher's Manual, now including counseling, drafting, and negotiation exercises for real estate transactions.
• Added references to the new UCC Article 9 provisions for personal property lending, to contrast the rules for real estate lending.
Spend some time reviewing Modern Real Estate Finance and Land Transfer: A Transactional Approach, Third Edition, and you will agree that this careful revision is even better suited than its predecessors for use in a wide variety of courses.
|Publisher:||Wolters Kluwer Law & Business|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.10(w) x 10.00(h) x 1.60(d)|