Do you miss your "old self?" Or are you too busy to think beyond the next meal or load of laundry? Becoming a Mom creates a huge identity shift for most women, especially those who have left behind a career, friends, and a paycheck. Becoming a Mojo Mom means feeling that creative surge as you bring yourself and your dreams back into focus.
Whether you've been a Mom for three months or thirteen years, the challenge is to find ways to lovingly nurture yourself as well as you care for the rest of your family. It can be done!
Mojo Mom is the first book that feels like your own voice, finally saying what it really means to be a Mom. This unique guide does more than just identify the challenges of motherhood; it gives you dozens of tools—ideas, activities, books, gadgets, and other quality resources—for nurturing every part of the Mojo Mom life. Enjoy!
Learn practical ways to:
* Prepare to become a Mom without losing your identity
* Survive and thrive during the intense early years
* Save some of your best energy and creativity for yourself
* Branch out little by little, as you have time and interest
* Tend to your ideas and dreams, even if you can't act on them right away
* Re-enter the workforce or take a new path with confidence
* Make peace with chaos. A messy house means you're busy doing something more important!
|Product dimensions:||6.90(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.70(d)|
About the Author
These years at home allowed her to explore a new creative path as a writer. In 2004 she published her first novel, the wilderness adventure High Water, written for a middle-grade audience.
Tiemann tapped all of her experiences—research, writing, and in-the-trenches motherhood—to create Mojo Mom: Nurturing Your Self While Raising a Family. Today, through her books, seminars, and interactive web site (www.mojomom.com), Amy Tiemann helps other women discover and reclaim a strong sense of self as they grow as mothers and individuals.