The Fourth International Symposium "Molecular Order and Mobility in Polymer Systems" held in June 2002 continued the series of St.-Petersburg IUPAC meetings organized by the institute of Macromolecular Compounds of the Russian Academy of Scientists (RAS).
Table of ContentsContents of Macromol. Symp. 191
4th International Symposium
Molecular Order and Mobility in Polymer Systems
Saint-Petersburg (Russia), 2002
Preface (T. M. Birshtein).
1. In Memory of M. V. Volkenshtein (Tatiana M. Birshtein, Anna A. Mercurieva).
I. Copolymers and Polymer Blends, see also papers 5,6,9,10,11,17,19.
2. Weak Segregation in Molten Statistical Copolymers (Pierre-Gilles de Gennes).
3. Interplay of Chemical and Physical Factors in Reacting Polymer Blends.
Theoretical Considerations (Nicolay A. Platé, Arkady D. Litmanovich, Yaroslav V. Kudryavtsev, Elena N. Govorun).
4. Molecular Order and Dynamics in Block Copolymers of Poly (oxybutylene) and Poly(oxyethylene) (Daniel Fragiadakis, Maria Bouga, Apostolos Kyritsis, Polycarpos Pissis, Kyriakos Viras, Withawat Mingvanish, Colin Booth).
II. Macromolecules in Solution, see also papers 9,10,11,12,13.
5. A Meanfield Approach to the Thermodynamics of a Protein-Solvent System with Application to the Oligomerization of the Tumor Suppressor p53 (Jaan Noolandi).
6. Computer Simulations of Stretching and Collapse of Polymer Molecules in Solution (Igor M. Neelov, D. B. Adolf, G. R. Davies, Anatoly A. Darinskii, F. Satu Niemela, M. Skrifvars, Franciska Sundholm).
III. Polymer Brushes, see also papers 11,20.
7. Microphase Coexistence in Polymeric Brushes (Tatiana M. Birshtein, Victor M. Amoskov, Leonid I. Klushin, Anna A. Mercurieva, Alexey A. Polotsky, Petr A. Iakovlev).
8. Behavior of a Nematic Liquid Near a Grafted Solid Surface (Francoise Brochard-Wyart, Olivier Ou Ramdane, Yvette Tran, Philippe Auroy).
9. When Tethered Chains Meet Free Ones; The Stability of Polymer Wetting Films on Polymer Brushes (Joost H. Maas, Frans A. M. Leermakers, Gerard J. Fleer, Martinus A. Cohen Stuart).
10. Interaction of Dissolved Proteins with Spherical Polyelectrolyte Brushes (A. Wittemann, B. Haupt, R. Merkle, M. Ballauff).
IV. Micelles and Complexes, see also papers 5,9,10.
11. Effects of Temperature on Neutron Scattering from Aqueous Solutions of Hydrophobically Modified Poly(ethylene oxide) (Emmanuel Beaudoin, Oleg Borisov, Alain Lapp, Jeanne Francois).
12. Adsorption of Flexible Polymers on Small Colloids: Complexes and Gels (S. Diez. Orrite, J. Bonet Avalos, A. Johner, J. F. Joanny).
13. Self-Organization of Ionic Surfactants Controlled by Oppositely Charged Polyelectrolytes (Victor A. Kabanov, Alexander B. Zezin, Victor A. Kasaikin, Julia A. Zakharova, Ekaterina A. Litmanovich, Elena M. Ivleva).
V. Polymer Networks, see also papers 4,12.
14. Elastomers with Multimodal Distributions of Network Chain Lengths (J. E. Mark).
15. The Relaxation Spectra of Polymer Networks with Different Types of Topology, Ordering, Heterogeneity (Yuli Ya. Gotlib, Andrew A. Gurtovenko, Isaak A. Torchinskii, Vladimir A. Shevelev, Vladimir P. Toshchevikov).
16. Network Models and their Dynamics: Probes of Topological Structure (Alexander Blumen, Aurel Jurjiu, Thorsten Koslowski).
VI. Bulk Polymers, see also papers 2,3,4,14,15,16,20.
17. Scale Dependent Diffusion in Latex Films Studied by Photoinduced Grating Relaxation Technique (Eckhard Bartsch, Thilo Jahr, Thomas Eckert, Hans Sillescu, Andrei Veniaminov).
18. Computer Simulation Study of Bulk Atactic Polystyrene in the Vicinity of the Glass Transition (Alexey V. Lyulin, J. J. De Groot, M. A. J. Michels).
19. Dielectric Relaxations in Polymers Containing Dioxacyclohexane Rings by Thermostimulated Depolarization Currents (Ricardo Diaz-Calleja, Maria Jesús Sanchis, Milton Aravena, Evaristo Riande, Julio Guzmán).
VII. LC Polymer Systems, see also papers 7,8,15.
20. Computer Simulation of the Liquid Crystal Formation in a Semi-Flexible Polymer System (Anatoly A. Darinskii, Igor M. Neelov, Anna Zarembo, Nikolai K. Balabaev, Franciska Sundholm, Kurt Binder).