The creative duo Shannon Payette Seip and Adrienne Hedger both answer to "Mom," "Mommy," and "Mommmm!" Shannon owns Bean Sprouts---healthy kids' cafes in Madison, Wisconsin. Adrienne is a writer and illustrator whose designs have been published by Recycled Paper Greetings. She calls San Clemente, California, home. Their previous books include the award-winning If These Boobs Could Talk and Momnesia.
Momnesia: A Humorous Guide to Surviving Your Post-Baby Brainby Shannon Payette Seip, Adrienne Hedger (With)
This hilarious how-to guide, full of coping tips, brain boosters, diagrams, and
Lack of sleep, hormone overload, and a tiny human being that requires constant attention--it all conspires to extinguish a new mom's brain. What rises in its place is a brain that's fuzzy, and focused only on the basics: food, poop, and sleep. That, my friend, is a case of momnesia.
This hilarious how-to guide, full of coping tips, brain boosters, diagrams, and anecdotes, can help moms reclaim their brains. More important, Momnesia also maintains a mom's sense of humor as she leaves her car keys in the freezer, forgets her husband's name, or accidentally runs over the diaper bag (again).
Momnesia is a sweet and funny gift that's perfect for celebrating baby showers and congratulating new moms.
* Momnesia is packed with small bits of baby-themed humor, tips, quizzes, cartoons, lists, and more that empathize with the ups and downs of motherhood.
* It's a great companion book to the authors' work about breastfeeding, cleverly titled If These Boobs Could Talk.
* It's a fact: momnesia happens. In early 2008, CNN reported a study that found 82 percent of women claimed some type of absentmindedness during pregnancy and shortly after giving birth, including memory loss and an inability to concentrate.
- Andrews McMeel Publishing
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.20(w) x 7.10(h) x 0.50(d)
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews