Get it by Wednesday, October 25
, Order now and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Same Day delivery in Manhattan. Details
Find Your Adventure with Moon Travel Guides!
Breathe in the pine-scented coastal air and discover a new kind of serenity with Moon Acadia National Park.
Inside you'll find:
- Itineraries for every timeline, budget, and travel style, ranging from one day in the park to a two-week road trip
- Full-color, vibrant photos and detailed maps
- Strategies for getting to Acadia National Park, avoiding crowds, and exploring its less-visited areas
- Expert tips for hiking, cycling, kayaking, and more, plus information on the right gear to pack
- The top activities and unique ideas for exploring the park: Pedal Acadia's famed carriage roads or take a driving tour along the scenic byways. Island-hop by sea kayak, or embark on a whale-watching excursion. Wiggle your toes in the warmth of Sand Beach, hike the remote Isle au Haut, or take a romantic horse-drawn carriage to the summit of Day Mountain. Peruse downtown Bar Harbor, take a dip in Echo Lake, and watch the sunset over a feast of freshly caught lobster
- Local insight from Mainer and Acadia expert Hilary Nangle
- Honest advice on when to go and where to stay near the park, including campgrounds, hotels, and cottages
- Up-to-date information on park fees, passes, and reservations
- In-depth coverage of Acadia on Mount Desert Island, Schoodic Peninsula, Blue Hill Peninsula, Deer Isle, Isle au Haut, Ellsworth, and Trenton
- Additional coverage of gateway towns, including Bay Harbor, Northeast and Seal Harbors, the Southwest Harbor, Tremont, and islands in Mount Desert's vicinity
- Recommendations for families, LGBTQ+ travelers, seniors, international visitors, travelers with disabilities, and traveling with pets
- Thorough background on the wildlife, terrain, culture, and history
With Moon Acadia National Park's practical tips, myriad activities, and local expertise, you can plan your trip your way.
Exploring the rest of New England? Try Moon New England or Moon Maine, Vermont & New Hampshire.
|Series:||Moon Handbooks Travel Series|
|Edition description:||Fifth Edition|
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 7.50(h) x 0.70(d)|
About the Author
Despite brief out-of-state interludes for college, grad school, and stints as a ski and whitewater bum, Hilary Nangle has never been able to resist the lure of her home state. She grew up on Maine's coast, spending much of each winter skiing in the western mountains. Her sense of wanderlust was ignited when she became a Registered Maine Whitewater Guide on the Kennebec River, which gave her a chance to explore the central and northern regions of the state.
When she tired of her parents asking when she was going to get a "real job," she drew on her writing skills and began seeking out editorial work. She started out editing pro ski tour publications, and then became a managing editor for a food trade publication and a features editor for a daily newspaper. She currently works as a freelance writer and editor, contributing to regional and national publications.
Hilary never tires of exploring Maine, always seeking out the offbeat and quirky, and rarely resisting the invitation to mosey backroads and byways. To her husband's dismay, she inherited her grandmother's shopping gene and can't pass a used-book store, artisans' gallery, or antiques shop without browsing. She's equally curious about food and has never met a lobster she didn't like. Hilary still divides her year between the coast and the mountains, residing with her husband, photographer Tom Nangle, and an oversized dog, both of whom share her passions for long walks and Maine-made ice cream.
To follow Hilary's travels, visit mainetravelmaven.com.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
My husband and I found this book to be a great resource on our recent trip. It is complete and detailed, yet easy to use. Filled with maps, sidebars of history and lore, the organization of the book enabled us to quickly find anything we needed. Very helpful were the recommendations based on the length of your stay. We hope to return to Acadia in the next few years (note: 4 days is not enough!) so I am holding on to this. Highly recommend this book!
This isnt a hospital!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wanna be links old sissy. She whimpers as the first sight of a cat scares her. Whats this?
Meow? She purrs and rubs against dr.tims leg