Want it by Thursday, October 18?
Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Shipping at checkout.
Same Day shipping in Manhattan. See Details
Moon Travel Guides: Make Your Move!
From visas, to job-hunting, to cultural assimilation, get a head start on your life-changing move with Moon Living Abroad Costa Rica.
Inside you'll find:
- Practical information on setting up the essentials, including visas, finances, employment, education, and healthcare
- Firsthand insight on navigating Costa Ricas language and culture from experienced expat-turned-local Erin Van Rheenen
- Tips on finding housing that suits your needs and budget, whether you're renting or buying
- A thorough survey of the regions, provinces, and individual cultures that Costa Rica encompasses, to help you find the right new home for you
- Interviews with other expats who share their personal experiences building successful lives abroad
- How to plan a fact-finding trip before making the move to familiarize yourself with aspects of daily life in Costa Rica: internet and phone access, schooling, banking, insurance, travel, transportation, and more
- Special tips for those making the move with children or pets
Moon Living Abroad Costa Rica takes the hassle out of planning your move, giving you the insider tips, practical resources, and local know-how to start your new life abroad!
About the Author
Erin Van Rheenen feels lucky to have lived outside of the US for extended periods of time in Nigeria, Ireland, Ecuador, Mexico, Guatemala, and Costa Rica, where she moved in 2001. Basing herself in the Central Valley, she traveled extensively, exploring by car, bus, boat, and small plane. Currently she spends time in both California and Costa Rica.
She has published stories and articles in periodicals from Fiction to Afar to the Los Angeles Times. She's been interviewed on CNN and local TV about Costa Rica and moving abroad, and has been a guest on many radio shows, discussing everything from the contested river between Costa Rica and Nicaragua to how moving abroad makes you more creative. Her writing has won several awards, and she has been honored with inclusion in the Best Women's Travel Writing.
Erin's website is http://erinvanrheenen.com.