Moon Travel Guides: Make Your Move!
From visas, to job-hunting, to cultural assimilation, get a head start on your life-changing move with Moon Living Abroad Italy.
Inside you'll find:
- Practical information on setting up the essentials, including visas, finances, employment, education, and healthcare
- Firsthand insight on navigating the language and culture from John Moretti, an experienced expat who has lived in Italy for more than a decade
- Tips on finding housing that suits your needs and budget, whether you're renting or buying
- A thorough survey of the many regions, provinces, and individual cultures that Italy encompasses, to help you find the right new home for you
- Interviews with other expats who share their personal experiences building successful lives abroad
- How to plan a fact-finding trip before making the move to familiarize yourself with aspects of daily life in Italy: internet and phone access, schooling, banking, insurance, travel, transportation, and more
- Special tips for those making the move with children or pets
Moon Living Abroad Italy takes the hassle out of planning your move, giving you the insider tips, practical resources, and local know-how to start your new life abroad!
About the Author
A decade ago, John Moretti left his job as a small-town reporter in Vermont in search of fame and fortune in Italy. For years he worked in Milan as an editor at a national English-language newspaper, a joint venture between Corierre della Sera and the International Herald Tribune.
Later, as a correspondent in Southern Europe, John covered everything from Lance Armstrong's string of historic Tour de France victories for the New York Sun to the plight of African prostitutes in Turin for the London-based Independent. His brief television career included an interview with Giorgio Armani for A&E's Biography and a documentary on Italian soccer for Australian television.
Over the years, John has become an expert on Italian society. He has accumulated a multitude of priceless experiences in Italy to date: racing across the Bay of Naples at about 30 knots in Giovanni Soldini's trimaran, sledding with huskies by the Slovenian border, skiing the summit of Mount Etna hours before it erupted, celebrating Easter with friends in the Maremma...and enjoying long lunches al fresco.