Whether you're shopping on the high street, strolling lively street markets, or admiring renowned modern art, experience London like a local: on foot. Inside you'll find:
- Six customizable walks through the city's hippest neighborhoods, including Shoreditch, Chelsea, Marylebone, and more, with color-coded stops and turn-by-turn directions
- Foldout maps of each route and a removable full-city map, in a handy, portable guide
- "Top Ten" lists for restaurants, nightlife, markets, and Sunday activities
- The top sights and unique local experiences: Find funky vintage treasures in Shoreditch or treat yourself at an upscale department store like Harrods. Make your way to the Tate Modern and other world-famous art galleries, take in London's history at Westminster Abbey, and watch the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace. Take a leisurely stroll through Regent's Park, enjoy afternoon tea at a stylish hotel, or grab a pint and some fish and chips before heading to the theatre. Sip craft cocktails in an old train station, discover the hippest new gastropub, or watch the sun set over the city from a chic rooftop bar
- Public transportation options, including the underground, public buses, and taxis
- Practical tips for first-time visitors, including where you'll need to make a reservation, public holidays, and getting to and from the airport
With creative routes, public transit options, and a full-city map, you can explore London at your own pace, without missing a beat.
Check out our guides to more of the world's best cities, so you can hit the ground running! Also available: Moon Barcelona Walks, Moon Berlin Walks, Moon New York Walks, Moon Amsterdam Walks, Moon Paris Walks, and Moon Rome Walks.
About the Author
Moon City Walks is an innovative series of pocket-sized guides to the world's trendiest cities, designed to help travelers explore on foot, discover hip neighborhoods, and experience the city like a local. These full-color guidebooks feature foldout maps, turn-by-turn directions, and lively pages jam-packed with photos. Moon Travel Guides are published by Avalon Travel, an imprint of Perseus Books, a Hachette Book Group company, in Berkeley, California. For more information, check out the full series at www.moon.com/city-walks/.