Hit the Road with Moon Travel Guides!
Moon Vancouver & Canadian Rockies Road Trip reveals the beauty of the Canadian wilderness. Inside you'll find:
- Maps and driving tools: 49 easy-to-use maps keep you oriented on and off the highway, along with site-to-site mileage, driving times, and detailed directions for the entire route
- Activities for every traveler: Drive the Sea-to-Sky Highway to go skiing in Whistler, or hiking, cycling, and canoeing in the Rocky Mountains. See dramatic peaks reflected in the crystal clear waters of Lake Louise, or discover why Banff and Jasper National parks are considered the treasure of western Canada. Go wine tasting in Okanagan, relax in the warm mineral waters of Radium Hot Springs, or learn about the rich history of the First Nations. Take a bear-watching tour in the temperate rainforests of Vancouver Island, or snorkel with seals in the Pacific Ocean
- Where to pull over: Lists of the best places to eat, sleep, stop, and explore
- Mix and match itineraries, including a complete 15-day loop from coast to mountains and back again, week-long drives exploring the Rockies or the coastline of British Columbia, and multi-day plans for spending time in Victoria, Vancouver, Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper, and the Okanagan
- Expert insight from native Canadian and passionate road-tripper Carolyn B. Heller
- Strategic advice for planning your road trip, such as when to get gas, how to avoid traffic, suggestions for driving in different landscapes and weather conditions, and tips for travelers with disabilities, LGBTQ travelers, seniors, and road-trippers with kids
Looking to explore more of North America on wheels? Try Moon Pacific Northwest Road Trip! Doing more than driving through? Check out Moon Vancouver, Moon British Columbia, or Moon Banff National Park.
Full coverage of: Vancouver, Victoria, Nanaimo, Whistler, Squamish, Kamloops, B.C. Rockies, Mount Revelstoke National Park, Glacier National Park, Golden, Yoho National Park, Banff National Park, Lake Louise, Jaspe National Park, the Icefields Parkway, Kootenay National Park and the Kootenays, Kelowna, Pentiction and Naramata, Osoyoos, Oliver, and the Okanagan
About the Author
Carolyn B. Heller first vacationed in Ontario as a child, spending family holidays exploring the Thousand Islands, touring Canada's tomato capital, and cruising under the spray at Niagara Falls. Later, she took her own children to Niagara, where their favorite activities were anything that involved getting wet. After moving to Canada in 2003, Carolyn began scouting out Toronto's multicultural neighborhoods, taking in theater festivals at Stratford and Niagara-on-the-Lake, and discovering Ontario’s outdoors, from the Bruce Peninsula’s rocky shores to the pink cliffs of Killarney and the lakes and trails in Algonquin Provincial Park.
A full-time travel, food, and feature writer, Carolyn has contributed to more than 50 travel and restaurant guides to destinations ranging from Canada and New England to China. She’s the author of Moon Ontario, Moon Spotlight Georgian Bay & Cottage Country, and Moon Living Abroad in Canada and its companion website, livingabroadincanada.com. Her articles have appeared in Forbes Travel, Viator Travel, the Los Angeles Times, Boston Globe, FamilyFun, Real Weddings, and Perceptive Travel, as well as the book Travelers’ Tales Paris.
Carolyn is an avid traveler and passionate food lover who has eaten on the streets, in fine restaurants, and everywhere in between in more than 40 countries. A graduate of Brown University, she lives in Vancouver with her husband and twin daughters, where you can often find her trying out a new recipe, running on the beach, practicing her storytelling skills, or struggling to learn Mandarin Chinese. Follow Carolyn's adventures at cbheller.com and on Twitter @CarolynBHeller.