Give Grades 4-6+ students who are reading below grade-level scaffolded practice in decoding and word study. Engaging stories and activities jam-packed with common spelling/sound patterns and sight words help students become successful readers!
Provide your students with the targeted phonics skills practice they need to become successful readers! Phonics and Word Study for Struggling Readers uses engaging stories and activities rich with spelling/sound patterns and sight words frequently used in reading texts to help students develop fluency and decoding skills.
Turn struggling readers into successful readers with over 200 pages of valuable resources, such as:
* a comprehensive table of contents that lists the exact phonics skills being addressed in each lesson. Target the skills your students need the most help with.
* teacher overview pages that include ideas for introducing and reviewing each phonics skill geared toward the older student.
* pretests that help pinpoint students' strengths and weaknesses so you can differentiate instruction.
* stories and activities with age-appropriate illustrations and themes to keep older students interested and engaged.
* high-frequency word lists that help develop fluency.
Skills practiced include:
* Consonant Sounds
* Long and Short Vowel Sounds and Patterns
* Consonant Variants and Digraphs
* Consonant Blends
* Vowel Digraphs and Other Letter Combinations
* R-Controlled Vowels
* Silent Consonants
* Syllable Patterns
* Plurals and Inflectional Endings
* Possessives and Contractions
* Affixes and Compound Words.