With money you can be a millionaire. You'll be financially independent and have the freedom to spend your days as you like, and buy toys, trinkets, and travel for yourself and people you love. But money also gives you time and resources to make the world a better place...to contribute to your community and be generous in ways that will bring the kind of happiness that money alone can't buy. That's what it means to be More than a Millionaire.
With more than 30 years of experience as a financial advisor, Randy L. Thurman has identified a tried and true path to wealth-as well as happiness. The key is to start-start from where you are today, and get the right information to make sure you're heading in the right direction.
In More than a Millionaire you'll find:
• 5 simple steps you can take, starting today, to protect your money and secure your financial future
• How to create a spending plan that will let you enjoy the money you have now, while you build a nest egg for tomorrow
• How to identify goals that are right for you-and actually achieve them
• The fundamentals of investing, and how you can minimize your risk
• 18 traits of the wealthy and happy
• 3 strategies to increase your income and find a faster route to becoming More than a Millionaire!
You can have it all. Enjoy yourself today and be financially independent in the future-while you create a life filled with meaning and purpose. Are you ready to get started?
|Publisher:||Master Key Publications|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.65(d)|
About the Author
In 1990 Randy founded his firm, Financial Planning Company of Oklahoma, which in 1997 merged with Retirement Investment Advisors, Inc. He continues today as president. Under his leadership the firm has become one of the largest fee-only investment advisory firms in Oklahoma where all advisors are CFP® professionals. Randy is frequently lauded as one of the nation's most trusted investment advisors. As of this writing, he and his firm have been cited 31 times in national publications as among the best in the country. Accolades include:
• six times on Worth magazine's annual list of Top Financial Advisors in the country,
• six times on Medical Economics' list of Best Financial Advisors,
• seven times in Bloomberg Wealth Manager Magazine,
• four times in Financial Times,
• three times in Financial Advisor Magazine,
• two time in Best of the U.S. (web based),
• two times in J.K. Lasser's books on Estate Planning.
Randy has also been recognized on a local level for excellence and leadership, including:
• 2010 Oklahoma Business Ethics Compass Award,
• 2012 Oklahoma Society of CPAs award for Outstanding CPA in Financial Planning,
• 2013 The Journal Record Beacon Award, Charitable Influence - Small Business.
Over the years, Randy has shared his expertise and insight as the author of four books and numerous articles on financial planning, investing, and business ethics. His book "The All-Weather Retirement Portfolio: Your post-retirement guide to a worry-free income for life" provides time-tested guidance for financial peace of mind, while "One More Step: The 638 Best Quotes for the Runner" inspires runners and others to realize their goals. His articles have appeared in CPAFocus, Medical Economics Magazine, NW Style Magazine, 405 Magazine, Metro Journal, The Oklahoman, and others. He is much sought after as a speaker for conferences, workshops, and broadcast media, including appearances on Fox News Network's Fox on Money and as the former host of the weekly radio program Money Talks.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Reviewed by Jamie Michele for Readers' Favorite More than a Millionaire: Your Path to Wealth, Happiness, and a Purposeful Life--Starting Now! by Randy L. Thurman is a self-help financial planning and wealth building guide written by an author who once lost every penny he had in two swift trades. Having learned a tough lesson in the hardest possible way, Thurman has made it his mission to assist others on a path he initially had to forge himself. Broken down into four separate parts and sixteen chapters, Thurman's book fleshes out a strategy and provides solid advice on more than just making money...but also how to live richly with a happy outlook, regarding quality of life that surpasses the dollar figure determining your net worth. Well written and easy to follow, More than a Millionaire by Randy L. Thurman is an excellent choice for readers who are either just starting out or are looking for something a bit different. As a novice, I found the debt to income ratio scale to be an excellent gauge, and the application of S.M.A.R.T. principles (Specific targets, Measurable action, Ardent desire, Realistic objectives, Time frame) to be a sensible, memorable goal-setting technique. My husband dog-eared the section on power habits. The best part in Thurman's book is that everything in it feels attainable. The advice is practical and his methods can actually be applied, which is important (although, sadly it's quite rare) in the genre of self-help finance. I'd recommend this book to anyone interested in becoming more than just a millionaire.