So much more than just a bestselling dictionary, Mosby’s Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing & Health Professions, 9th Edition is a one-stop reference to help you make sense of the complex world of health care. It features over 56,000 authoritative definitions, 45 appendixes, a color atlas of the human body, online resources, and more than 2,450 full-color illustrations - nearly three times more than any other dictionary available - making it an indispensible reference for students and professionals alike.
• UNIQUE! More than 2,450 color photographs and line drawings demonstrate and explain complex conditions and abstract concepts.
• A Color Atlas of Human Anatomy contains 43 pages of clearly labeled drawings for easy A&P review and reference.
• Over 56,000 comprehensive, authoritative, high-quality definitions - including expanded definitions for selected entries, particularly major diseases, disorders, and procedures - offer the latest information on pathophysiology, treatment and interventions, and nursing care.
• 23 appendixes - 13 in the dictionary and 10 on the companion Evolve website - offer quick access to useful reference information, such as lab values, symbols and abbreviations, language translation guides, pharmacology, infection control standards, conversion tables, and clinical calculations.
• A strict, common-sense alphabetical organization with no subentries makes it easy to find key terms and definitions.
• NEW! Over 300 new and updated illustrations visually clarify key definitions and reflect current health care practice and equipment.
• NEW! Approximately 11,000 new and revised definitions reflect the latest developments in health care, drugs, and nursing terminology.
• NEW! Editor Marie O’Toole, EdD, RN, FAAN lends her expertise to this new edition, reviewing and revising all definitions and assembling a team of leading consultants and contributors.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 10.10(h) x 2.00(d)|
Table of Contents
Color Atlas of Human Anatomy
Appendixes (Back of Book)
- Units of Measurement
- Language Translation Guide: Spanish-French-English Equivalents of Commonly Used Medical Terms and Phrases
- American Sign Language and Manual Communication
- Normal Reference Values
- Pharmacology and Clinical Calculations
- Range of Motion
- Infection Control: CDC Isolation Guidelines
- Diagnosis-Related Groups
- Common Abbreviations Used in Writing Prescriptions
- Commonly Used Abbreviations
- The Joint Commission Do Not Use Abbreviation List
- Spanish-French Equivalents of Commonly Used Medical Terms and Phrases
- Canadian Controlled Substance Chart
- High-Alert Drugs
- Common Herbs and Supplements
- Herb-Drug Interactions
- Recommended Immunization Schedule, United States 2012
- Recommended Immunization Schedule, Canada 2012
- Medical Terminology
- Normal Reference Laboratory Values
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I believe this dictionary and Mosby's Medical Dictionary are the same! You're asking nearly $10 more because it says "Medical, Nursing and Health Practices. I own both dictionary's, use they daily for classwork and I have yet to find a difference in the material. I'm seriously considering returning it.
I am so glad I bought this book. Even though it looks like a text book for health care personnel, it has vocabulary words in here that will help everyone learn new things and words to "impress your friends and neighbors"!. It has great pictures/illustrations to help you understand the terms better. This is the newest version and I had to wait a month to get it-it WAS WELL WORTH THE WAIT! (I had to pre-order). I strongly recommend you check this excellent book out as soon as you can. You won't be disappointed!