This study tool has everything you need to prepare for the ARRT CT exam! Written in outline format, Mosby's Exam Review for Computed Tomography, 2nd Edition serves as both a study guide and an in-depth review. It covers the three content areas on the CT advanced certification examination: patient care, imaging procedures, and physics/instrumentation. Developed by Daniel N. DeMaio, BS, RT(R) (CT), the book simulates the Registry exam with three 165-question mock exams. A companion Evolve website includes a test bank of 635 questions that can be randomly sampled to create unlimited variations so you never take the same test twice.
• Review questions with answers help you prepare for the ARRT exam and identify areas that need additional study.
• Rationales for correct and incorrect answers provide you with the information you need to make the most out of the Q&A sections.
• A thorough, outline-format review covers the three content areas on the computed tomography advanced certification exam: patient care, imaging procedures, and physics/instrumentation.
• Mock exams in the book and on the Evolve website prepare you for the ARRT exam, with three 165-question mock exams in the book and 635 questions on Evolve that may be randomly accessed for an unlimited number of exam variations.
• Study aids on Evolve allow you to bookmark questions for later study, see rationales for correct and incorrect answers, get test tips for different questions, and record and date-stamp your test scores.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Product dimensions:||8.40(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.30(d)|
Table of Contents
2. Review of Patient Care in CT
• Patient Preparation
• Assessment and Monitoring
• IV Procedures
• Contrast Agents
• Radiation Safety/Dosimetry
3. Review of Imaging Procedures in Computed Tomography
• Hepatobiliary System
• Adrenal Glands
• Genitourinary System
• Gastrointestinal System
• Pelvis and Reproductive System
4. Review of Physics and Instrumentation in Computed Tomography
• Computed Tomography System Operation
• Image Processing/Display
• Image Archival and Communication
• Image Quality
• Artifact Recognition and Reduction
Simulated Exam One
Simulated Exam Two
Simulated Exam Three
Answer Key for Exam One
Answer Keyfor Exam Two
Answer Keyfor Exam Three
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I took the first 2 test in the book and got a 75 and a 65. Took the CT test the next day. About 40 percent of the questions on the exam were identical to the ones in the book. I got 85 on the test. I passed due to this book. You don't need a $500 exam package to pass the test. This will do.
I bought this book because I am currently studying for my CT registry. It has a review of the important points needed for the test(patient care, imaging procedure, and physics). The biggest draw for me was the online tool that allows you to take practice tests(with answers and explanations provided) and the mock registry(which is timed, 160 questions). I have recommended this to many co-workers, and I feel comfortable suggesting this to anyone who is working on getting their CT certificate. Good luck.
Get this book. I read and studied the text and kept reviewing the questions. The book gives you access to online questions and prepares you for the CT exam. This book Along with the MIC, cross sectional anatomy book, and Philips online learning center I passed my exam like a breeze.
It's a good a book. Thank God, I passed my boards and this is the book I just read and studied. I also studied most of the questions on the website but make sure to go over the test questions at the back of the book- more than once! I was running out of time but I wish I could have studied the questions on the book more. Also be careful with the anatomy- some were incorrect like ileum and ilium, it should be left parietal bone instead of right parietal bone...some mistyped, there were more but I forgot already! So Good luck to whomever is taking the boards!!! :)
Great book to study from. I just passed the CT registry using almost solely this book!
WOW just took my registry and very glad I had this book. Used this as my primary study source for the ARRT CT Registry and passed easily. Used MIC also but primarily this book. Really liked the online question reviews with answer and explanation and the mock registries. I had several questions on my registry that were verbatim from the online questions. Highly recommend. I had some questions with things not covered in this study source but the majority of the information on my test was covered in this book.