Mosby's Rapid Reference to Diagnostic and Laboratory Tests / Edition 1 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
MOSBY'S RAPID REFERENCE TO DIAGNOSTIC AND LABORATORY TESTS presents the latest information on the most commonly performed laboratory and diagnostic tests in a portable, up-to-date clinical handbook. Tests are organized consistently and alphabetically for quick reference in the clinical setting. Each test includes: alternate or abbre-viated test names; type of test; normal findings; possible critical values; test explanation; contraindications; potential complications; interfering factors; procedure and patient care (before, during, and after); and abnormal findings.
· Organizes tests alphabetically with A-to-Z thumb tabs for quick reference in the clinical setting.
· Created in a handy pocket size, so it can be carried in the clinical area and referred to on-the-spot.
· Begins each test or procedure monograph on a new page making each monograph easy to find.
· Includes normal findings for adult, elderly, and pediatric patients, providing complete clinical data.
· Highlights possible critical values to alert the reader to situations requiring immediate intervention.
· Alerts the reader to the effects of pharmacologic agents on tests with a unique symbol next to drug related interfering factors.
· Highlights increased and decreased abnormal findings with directional arrows.
· Concludes each test with a "Notes" section that enables the reader to add needed information relevant to a specific institution.
· Lists abbreviations for tests and for units of measurement in the appendixes.
· Incorporates a two-color design throughout, which highlights important information and enhances the visual appeal.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Product dimensions:||4.82(w) x 7.41(h) x 0.55(d)|
Table of Contents
Diagnostic and Laboratory Tests, A-Z · Appendixes · A Alphabetical List of Tests · B Abbreviations for Diagnostic and Laboratory Tests · C Typical Abbreviations and Units of Measurement · Bibliography · Index