Mosby's Respiratory Care Equipment - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card) / Edition 9 available in Other Format
- Unique! List of Ventilators organized by application area and manufacturer make review and research quick and easy.
- Unique! Clinical Approach provides you with a "how-to" approach to identifying equipment, understanding how it works, and applying the information in clinical practice.
- Excerpts of Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPGs) give you important information regarding indications/contraindications, hazards and complications, assessment of need, assessment of outcome, and monitoring.
- Unique! Sleep Diagnostics chapter discusses sleep and the impact of sleep disorders on cardiopulmonary function.
- Unique! Infection Control chapter provides a review of this critical topic that RTs must understand to prevent health care-associated infections
- Unique! Cardiovascular Diagnostics chapter provides a review in an area where RTs are treating an increasing number of cardiovascular cases.
- NBRC-style Self-Assessment Questions at the end of every chapter prepares you for credentialing exams.
- Unique! Clinical Scenario boxes (formerly Clinical Rounds) allow you to apply material learned to a clinical setting.
- Unique! Historical Notes boxes present educational and/or clinically relevant and valuable historical information of respiratory care equipment.
- NEW! Chapter on Simulation Learning Devices prepares you for the latest simulation devices.
- NEW! Streamlined ventilator coverage presents information on the most often-used devices with more tables and bulleted lists for easy reference.
- NEW! Content focused on the newest and the most popular types of ventilators, including, transport, home-care, alternative setting, and neonatal/pediatric.
- NEW! Evolve site allows access to information that isn’t easily found in other texts or manuals, including older or outdated ventilators that are still in use today.
- NEW! Focus to align Learning Objectives, Key Points and Assessment Questions
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 1.25(h) x 9.00(d)|
Table of Contents
Module 1: INTRODUCTION to BASIC RESPIRATORY SCIENCE
- Basic Physics for the Respiratory Therapist
- Principles of Infection Control
- Manufacture, Storage, and Transport of Medical Gases
- Administering Medical Gases: Regulators, Flowmeters, and Controlling Devices
- Airway Management Devices and ACLS
- Humidity and Aerosol Therapy
- Lung Expansion Therapy Devices
- Assessment of Pulmonary Function
- Assessment of Cardiovascular Function
- Blood Gas Monitoring
- Sleep Diagnostics
- Introduction to Ventilators
- Mechanical Ventilators: General-Use Devices
- Infant/Pediatric Ventilators
- Home-Care, Transport Devices, Alternative Devices
- Simulation Equipment
Module 2: MEDICAL GASES
Module 3: AIRWAY MANAGEMENT
Module 4: ASSESSMENT
Module 5: CRITICAL CARE AND EXTENDED CARE DEVICES