A Brief Interview With Mother Murphy, Himself
Q. How did you come up with the idea for Mother Murphy's Law?
Mother Murphy: I spend a lot of time with my children, and it seems that something is always going wrong. I used to think I was a klutzy daddy...then it dawned on me: 1. When I was a kid, everything my parents did was wrong.
2. Now that I'm a parent, everything I do is wrong.
Q. What does Mother Murphy's Law explain?
Mother Murphy: The book is pretty much a catalog of things that can go wrong as you have and raise kids. For example:
- If most of the baby shower gifts you receive are blue, your baby will be a girl.
- Your baby's diaper is wet moments after you've changed her into a clean one...and leakproof diapers aren't.
- your toddler knocks on your bedroom door the moment you're about to have sex...or barges in unannounced at the peak of passion.
- Any food that's good for your child is "yukky"...and any food that's loaded with sugar, salt and fat is "yummy."
- Anything you say or do when you're with your teenager in public will embarrass him.
|Publisher:||Running Press Book Publishers|
|Product dimensions:||5.02(w) x 6.99(h) x 0.31(d)|
About the Author
Bruce Lansky has edited a number of poetry anthologies (including Rolling in the Aisles, Kids Pick the Funniest Poems, If Kids Ruled the School, A Bad Case of the Giggles, Miles of Smiles, and No More Homework! No More Tests!), and 3 silly songbook anthologies. Lansky created the popular GigglePoetry.com website for children and the PoetryTeachers.com website for teachers. He also created the Girls to the Rescue series, the New Fangled Fairy Tales series, and the Can You Solve the Mysteries series.