Motivating Struggling Learners: 10 Ways to Build Student Success / Edition 1 available in Paperback
Every day, teachers face the challenge of motivating struggling learners. In this must-have book, bestselling author Barbara R. Blackburn shares how you can finally solve this problem and make your classroom a place where all students want to succeed.
You'll learn practical strategies for...
- understanding extrinsic and intrinsic motivation;
- building a trusting relationship with students;
- using praise and positive feedback effectively;
- empowering students and helping them own their learning;
- moving students toward a growth mindset;
- communicating high expectations for students;
- engaging all students in your lessons;
- scaffolding so all students will want to improve;
- helping students be resilient and not fear failure; and
- celebrating diverse groups of students.
Each chapter is filled with a variety of examples and tools that you can use immediately. Bonus: Many of the tools are also available as free eResources on our website, www.routledge.com/9781138792432, so you can easily download and print them for classroom use.
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Product dimensions:||6.10(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.60(d)|
About the Author
Dr. Barbara R. Blackburn is the bestselling author of 15 books and is a sought-after consultant. She was an award-winning professor at Winthrop University and has taught students of all ages. Barbara can be contacted through her website at www.barbarablackburnonline.com.
Table of Contents
Meet the Author
Chapter 1: Extrinsic and Intrinsic Motivation
Chapter 2: Building a Relationship
Chapter 3: Praise and Positive Feedback
Chapter 4: Empowerment and Ownership
Chapter 5: Growth Mindset vs Fixed Intelligence
Chapter 6: High Expectations
Chapter 7: Engagement
Chapter 8: Scaffolding for Success
Chapter 9: Resilience
Chapter 10: Celebrating Diverse Groups of Students