Prentice Hall's MOUS Essentials were created specifically to meet the required guidelines established by Microsoft for the Microsoft Office User Specialist exams. The authors follow the proven approach of Prentice Hall's Essentials series with an emphasis on step-by-step tutorials with large screen shots, outstanding student pedagogy, and plenty of exercises. This text also includes a number of elements designed to help students study for the MOUS exams. As an additional test preparation tool, the series also includes live computer-based training and assessment with the MOUS Kelly PinPoint CD-ROM.
- ALL MOUS Essentials books are certified to the Expert Level by Microsoft as approved test preparation guides for the MOUS exams.
- A unique appendix entitled Preparing for MOUS Certification provides information like how to register, what is covered in the tests, how the tests work, and levels of certification.
- Each Project opens with Required Activities for both levels of the exam objectives. These activities are indicated throughout the Projects by icons distinguishing core vs. expert objectives.
- Exam Notes and Inside Stuff sidebars provide students with extra tips and tricks on preparing for and taking the MOUS exams.
- MOUS PinPoint software provides computer-based training and assessment tools for students to complete the projects and practice for the MOUS exams. MOUS PinPoint includes Project Review Tests along with "Show Me" training for each MOUS Exam Skill Set covered within the Project. In addition, each MOUS PinPoint has a capstone final exam that mirrors the actual MOUS exams.
- Instructor's resources include the Instructor's Resource CD-ROM andCompanion Web site. The IRCD contains Instructor's Manuals, PowerPoints, Test Manager, Student Data Files, and Solutions Files for all four applications.
The Instructor's Manuals, PowerPoints, Data Files, and additional questions can also be downloaded from the Web site at www.prenhall.com/mousessentials.
|Product dimensions:||8.64(w) x 10.88(h) x 0.96(d)|
Table of Contents
1. Getting Started with Word 2000.
Starting Word and Exploring the Word Screen. Using Menu Bars and Toolbars. Entering Text in a Document. Saving a Document. Using Print Preview. Printing a Document. Getting Help. Closing a Document and Exiting Word.
2. Working with a Document.
Opening an Existing Document. Scrolling in a Document. Selecting Text. Deleting and Changing Text. Inserting Text. Changing View Modes. Creating Envelopes. Creating Labels.
3. Working with Text.
Enhancing Text. Changing the Font and Font Size. Selecting Character Effects and Spacing. Copying Formats with Format Painter. Highlighting Text. Displaying Formatting Marks. Inserting Nonbreaking Spaces and Hyphens. Inserting Symbols.
4. Editing Documents.
Changing the Case of Text. Moving and Copying Text. Copying between Document Windows. Using the Undo, Redo, and Repeat Features. Using AutoCorrect. Correcting Spelling and Grammatical Errors. Using Thesaurus.
5. Formatting Documents.
Setting Margins. Setting the Line and Paragraph Spacing. Selecting Text Alignment. Indenting Text. Inserting Bulleted and Numbered Lists. Adding Borders and Shading to Text. Viewing Paragraph Formats Using the What's This? Feature.
6. Formatting Longer Documents.
Inserting Section and Page Breaks. Centering Text Vertically on a Page. Inserting Page Numbers. Preventing Text from Separating across Page Breaks. Creating Footnotes and Endnotes. Creating Headers and Footers. Creating Sectional Headers and Footers. Navigating through a Document.
7. Creating and Formatting Tables
Creating a Table. Entering Text into aTable. Inserting Rows and Columns. Deleting Rows and Columns. Adjusting Column Width and Row Height. Formatting a Table. Applying Shading and Borders. Moving and Positioning a Table.
8. Using Additional Table Options.
Merging and Splitting Cells. Adjust Cell Formats. Performing Calculations in a Table. Aligning Numerical Values. Sorting Data in a Table. Drawing a Table. Rotating Text in a Table. Using AutoFormat.
9. Inserting and Formatting Graphics.
Inserting an Image. Moving and Deleting an Image. Sizing an Image. Wrapping Text around an Image. Inserting an Image Saved from the Web. Creating a Text Box. Selecting Borders and Fills. Using WordArt.
10. Using Additional Graphics Options.
Drawing and Formatting Shapes. Drawing and Formatting Lines. Layering and Grouping Objects. Creating Watermarks. Creating Organization Charts. Creating Charts. Formatting Chart Elements. Importing Data into Charts.
11. Integrating Information.
Inserting a File within the Current Document. Importing Excel Data into Word. Embedding Excel Data into Word. Modifying Embedded Data. Embedding an Excel Chart. Linking Excel Data into Word. Sending a Word Document via Email.
12. Working with Documents.
Finding and Replacing Text. Finding and Replacing Formatting. Setting Tabs on the Ruler. Setting Tabs in the Tabs Dialog Box. Sorting Lists and Paragraphs. Creating an Outline Style Numbered List.
13. Working with Columns.
Creating and Using Newspaper Columns. Setting the Page Orientation. Revising Column Structure. Inserting Section and Column Breaks. Balancing Column Length. Creating Drop Caps. Hyphenating Text.
14. Working with Styles and Templates.
Using a Template to Create a New Document. Using Word Wizards to Create a Document. Using Word Styles. Creating a Paragraph Style. Creating a Character Style. Copying Styles to the Normal Template. Attaching a Word Template to a Document. Creating a New Template. Setting the Default Location for Workgroup Templates.
15. Automating Your Work.
Using AutoComplete to Insert AutoText Entries. Creating AutoText Entries. Inserting AutoText Entries. Editing and Deleting AutoText Entries. Recording Macros. Running Macros. Edit Macros. Copying, Renaming, and Deleting Macros.
16. Using Mail Merge.
Creating a Data Source. Sorting Records in a Data Source. Creating a Main Document. Merging the Main Document and Data Source. Creating Mailing Labels to Merge with the Data Source. Merging a Document Using an Access Database Table. Filtering Records for a Merge. Creating a Catalog Main Document.
17. Creating Supplemental Document Components.
Inserting Bookmarks. Creating a Hyperlink. Inserting a Cross-Reference. Creating an Index. Creating a Table of Contents. Creating Master and Subdocuments.
18. Managing Files and Customizing Word.
Viewing File Details. Creating, Renaming, and Deleting Folders. Copying, Moving, Renaming, and Deleting Files. Creating Favorites. Creating a Toolbar. Adding and Removing Buttons. Customizing Word Settings.
19. Collaborating on Documents.
Inserting and Viewing Comments. Editing and Deleting Comments. Tracking Changes. Accepting and Rejecting Changes. Saving Different Versions of a Document. Protecting Documents.
20. Creating Forms.
Creating a Form Template. Inserting Text Form Fields. Inserting Form Fields in a Table. Setting Text Form Field Options for Dates. Settings Options for Drop-Down and Check Box Form Fields. Performing Calculations in a Form. Using an Onscreen Form.
21. Creating Web Pages.
Using the Web Page Wizard. Inserting Text and Files. Changing a Theme and Background. Formatting a Web Page. Inserting Graphical Elements on a Web Page. Inserting Scrolling Text and Dropdown Boxes. Inserting Hyperlinks on a Web Page. Round-Tripping a Document from HTML Format.