- Violin Concerto No. 1 in B flat major, K. 207
- Violin Concerto No. 2 in D major, K. 211
- Violin Concerto No. 3 in G major, K. 216
- Violin Concerto No. 4 in D major, K. 218
- Violin Concerto No. 5 in A major ("Turkish") K. 219
- Sinfonia concertante for violin, viola & orchestra in E flat major, K. 364 (K. 320d)
Mozart: Violin Concertos; Sinfonia Concertanteby Giuliano Carmignola, Claudio Abbado
Abbado and Carmignola are long-standing collaborators and have performed Mozart together for some time; the album was born out of their feeling that it was time to
Renowned period-instrument violinist Giuliano Carmignola makes his first Mozart recording, and internationally acclaimed maestro Claudio Abbado records Mozart for the first time on period instruments!
Abbado and Carmignola are long-standing collaborators and have performed Mozart together for some time; the album was born out of their feeling that it was time to commit their interpretations to disc.
In addition to the five violin concertos, Carmignola teams with violist Danusha Waskiewicz on another audience favorite, the Sinfonia concertante.
One of five releases celebrating Claudio Abbado’s 75th birthday, this attractively priced two-disc set promises to be one of the most important Mozart recordings of the year. From the Label
- Release Date:
- Archiv Produktion
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews