MRI at a Glance provides concise, easily accessible information on MRI physics and is an invaluable revision aid. All topics are included from magnetism to safety, K space to pulse sequences, image contrast to artefacts.
The second edition has been fully revised and updated with brand new information on data acquisition and pulse sequences. The book is now in full colour throughout and follows the familiar, easy-to-use at a Glance format with each topic presented as a double-page spread with key facts accompanied by clear diagrams encapsulating essential knowledge.
About the Author
Table of ContentsPreface.
Acknowledgements and Dedication.
1. Magnetism and electromagnetism.
2. Atomic structure.
3. Alignment and precession.
4. Resonance and signal generation.
5. Contrast mechanisms.
6. Relaxation mechanisms.
7. T1 recovery.
8. T2 decay.
9. T1 weighting.
10. T2 weighting.
11. Proton density weighting.
12. Pulse sequence mechanisms.
13. Conventional spin echo.
14. Fast or turbo spin echo – how it works.
15. Fast or turbo spin echo – how it’s used.
16. Inversion recovery.
17. Gradient echo – how it works.
18. Gradient echo – how it’s used.
19. The steady state.
20. Coherent gradient echo.
21. Incoherent gradient echo.
22. Steady-state free precession.
23. Balanced gradient echo.
24. Ultrafast sequences.
25. Diffusion and perfusion imaging.
26. Functional imaging techniques.
27. Gradient functions.
28. Slice selection.
29. Phase encoding.
30. Frequency encoding.
31. K space – what is it?
32. K space – how is it filled?
33. K space filling and signal amplitude.
34. K space filling and spatial resolution.
35. Data acquisition and frequency encoding.
36. Data acquisition and phase encoding.
37. Data acquisition and scan time.
38. K space traversal and pulse sequences.
39. Alternative K-space filling techniques.
40. Signal to noise ratio.
41. Contrast to noise ratio.
42. Spatial resolution.
43. Scan time.
45. Chemical shift.
46. Out-of-phase artefact.
47. Magnetic susceptibility.
48. Phase wrap/aliasing 94.
49. Phase mismapping (motion artefact).
50. Flow phenomena.
51. Time-of-flight MR angiography.
52. Phase contrast MR angiography.
53. Contrast enhanced MR angiography.
54. Contrast media.
57. Radiofrequency coils.
58. Other hardware.
61. Screening and safety procedures.
62. Emergencies in the MR environment.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews