When the opponents open one notrump, you are faced with a dilemma. Versus a strong notrump, the opponents have the power; versus a weak notrump, they force you or your partner to compete at the two-level. This second edition adds Part 5: Comparison with Other Conventions and a new section, Criteria for an Overcall. Multi-Landy comprises four components:
- Multi. 2D shows a 6-card or longer major.
- Landy. 2C shows both majors.
- Cappelletti. 2S or 2H shows a 5-card major and a 4-card minor.
- Woolsey Double. Shows either a 6-card minor or a 5-card minor with a 4-card major or a strong hand.
Multi-Landy has three key advantages.
- Can be used against all opening one notrump HCP ranges.
- All hand types can be shown: a long major, majors, major-minor 2-suiters with defined length, a long minor and strong hands.
- Advancer has a defined set of responses.
The tactics in this book evolved from analysis of thousands of computer-generated deals to determine the statistics of successful overcalls. Using these recommendations, you can effectively compete for part-scores, bid your games and occasionally bid slams.
|Publisher:||Master Point Press|
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.61(d)|