Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Murray and Nadel’s Textbook of Respiratory Medicine has long been the definitive and comprehensive pulmonary disease reference. Robert J. Mason, MD now presents the fifth edition in full color with new images and highlighted clinical elements. The fully searchable text is also online at www.expertconsult.com, along with regular updates, video clips, additional images, and self-assessment questions. This new edition has been completely updated and remains the essential tool you need to care for patients with pulmonary disease.
- Consult this title on your favorite e-reader, conduct rapid searches, and adjust font sizes for optimal readability. Compatible with Kindle®, nook®, and other popular devices.
- Master the scientific principles of respiratory medicine and its clinical applications.
- Work through differential diagnosis using detailed explanations of each disease entity.
- Learn new subjects in Pulmonary Medicine including Genetics, Ultrasound, and other key topics.
- Grasp the Key Points in each chapter.
- Search the full text online at expertconsult.com, along with downloadable images, regular updates, more than 50 videos, case studies, and self-assessment questions.
- Consult new chapters covering Ultrasound, Innate Immunity, Adaptive Immunity, Deposition and Clearance, Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia.
- Find critical information easily using the new full-color design that enhances teaching points and highlights challenging concepts.
- Apply the expertise and fresh ideas of three new editors—Drs. Thomas R. Martin, Talmadge E. King, Jr., and Dean E. Schraufnagel.
- Review the latest developments in genetics with advice on how the data will affect patient care.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||39 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|
About the Author
Table of ContentsPART I SCIENTIFIC PRINCIPLES OF RESPIRATORY MEDICINE
Section A Anatomy and Development of the Respiratory Tract
1. Anatomy of the Lungs
2. Lung Growth and Development
3. Genetic Approach to Lung Disease
Section B Respiratory Physiology
4. Ventilation, Blood Flow, and Gas Exchange
5. Respiratory System Mechanics and Energetics
6. Pulmonary Circulation and Regulation of Fluid Balance
7. Acid-Base Balance
Section C Respiratory Pharmacology
8. Respiratory Pharmacology: General Pharmacologic Principles
9. Airway Pharmacology
10. Pulmonary Vascular Pharmacology
Section D Defense Mechanisms
11. Pulmonary Surfactant
12*. Alveolar and Distal Airway Epithelial Fluid Transport
13*. Mucus Production, Secretion, and Clearance
14. Monocytes, Macrophages, and Dendritic Cells of the Lung
15. Immune recognition and Responses
Section E Respiratory Pathology and Inflammation
16. General features of Respiratory Pathology
17. Inflammation, Injury, and Repair
PART II DIAGNOSIS AND EVALUATION OF RESPIRATORY DISEASE
Section F Diagnosis
18. History and Physical Examination
19. Microbiologic Diagnosis of Lower Respiratory Tract Infection
20. Radiographic Techniques
21. Nuclear Medicine Techniques
23*. Pleuroscopy, Thoracoscopy, and Other Invasive Procedures
Section G Evaluation
24. Pulmonary Function Testing
25*. Clinical Exercise Testing
26. Preoperative Evaluation
27. Evaluation of Respiratory Impairment/Disability
PART III CLINICAL RESPIRATORY MEDICINE
Section H Symptoms of Respiratory Disease and their Management