Music Fundamentals, Methods, and Materials for the Elementary Classroom Teacher / Edition 2 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Longman Publishing Group
Designed for prospective teachers without extensive music backgrounds, this market-leading text provides both a thorough overview of the basic elements of music and a clear sequence of instructional steps that enable you to participate in the same learning process you will use as a teacher. Packaged with a free audio CD that includes both songs and listening lessons found in the text, Music Fundamentals has been updated to reflect the new National Standards and the diverse nature of today's classrooms.
What’s new in this edition?
- The nine National Standards for Arts Education in Music have been cued to each teaching strategy throughout Chapters 2-8.
- The text has been edited to include the most current thinking in music education.
- The choice of songs provides a more balanced selection of the repertoire and easy-to-access information about each musical selection used in the text.
- "Teaching Music in Specialized Areas" has been edited for greater clarity and comprehensiveness.
|Publisher:||Longman Publishing Group|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||9.12(w) x 11.01(h) x 1.08(d)|
Table of Contents
I. TEACHING THE ELEMENTS OF MUSIC TO CHILDREN.
1. Children and Music.
2. Teaching Rhythm to Children.
3. Teaching Melody to Children.
4. Teaching Timbre to Children.
5. Teaching Expressive Elements to Children.
6. Teaching Form to Children.
7. Teaching Texture to Children.
8. Teaching Harmony to Students.
II. DEVELOPING MUSICAL SKILLS.
9. The Singing Voice.
10. Playing Musical Instruments.
11. Listening Activities and Materials.
12. Movement and Children.
III. ORGANIZING MUSICAL EXPERIENCES.
13. Lesson Planning.
IV. TEACHING MUSIC IN SPECIALIZED AREAS.
14. Integrating Music With Other Subjects.
15. Special Education and Mainstreaming.
List of Songs
Appendix A: Chapter Correlation for National Standards for Arts Education.
Appendix B: Instructional Material.