It has never been easier to listen to music. We struggle to imagine what life may have been like less than 100 years ago, when there were no radio or TV broadcasts and only a fortunate few had access to a gramophone. Today there are multiple radio and TV channels playing music of all types 24 hours a day and for those of us with internet access, it only requires the touch of a few buttons on a keypad before we can listen to any music of our choice.
Unfortunately, is in our nature not to value those things which are free or easily available and sadly, most people see music as merely a form of entertainment, or even as something to play in the background when otherwise occupied. It is so much more important than that.
There are many cultural traditions around the world that throughout their history have both understood and used music’s power for a variety of applications including the healing of disease. This knowledge has been sidelined and ignored in this post-industrial era but it has not yet been lost.
The purpose of this manual is to restore an appreciation of the true nature of music and covers a number of topics:
• Evidence that music can improve vitality and health in humans, animals and plants.
• How music helps social communities to bind together and evolve.
• How music and sound interact with the physical anatomy to affect health, including recent scientific discoveries that aid an understanding of this process.
• Provides answers to the question, ‘Where does music come from?’ and reveals evidence that many of our past and present musicians have channelled their music from a consciousness that is beyond the brain.
• Outlines self help tools for improving the intuition and techniques for developing the ability to channel music.
This manual is not just for musicians. It is suitable for anyone with an interest in music or healing, whether or not they have had any musical training.
|File size:||4 MB|
About the Author
Michael is a composer of orchestral music who has written music to accompany film, teaching videos and for use in healing. A graduate of the University of Manchester with a BSc in Physics, he worked for over thirty five years in a variety of management roles for a multi-national IT company before taking early retirement in 2016 to allow him to focus on his music related activities. Michael trained in Metaphysics and Holistic Therapies with the Academy of Spiritual Sciences. He receives channelled music for healing and has a particular interest in passing his understanding of music and metaphysics on to others through his work with Amadeus Project.