This wide-ranging guide introduces (or reintroduces) readers to movie musicals past and present, enabling them to experience the development of this uniquely American art formand discover films they'll love.
• Shows how the genre developed over time, from the 1920s to the present
• Shares fascinating insights about musicals with which the reader is already familiar
• Offers information on many lesser-known musicals
• Helps readers find film musicals that are similar to those they know and like
• Introduces important performers, directors, and songwriters
• Includes photographic stills from famous movie musicals
|Publisher:||Greenwood Publishing Group, Incorporated|
|Product dimensions:||7.20(w) x 10.10(h) x 1.40(d)|
About the Author
Thomas S. Hischak is an internationally recognized author and teacher in the performing arts and one of the foremost authorities on the American musical.