Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Each book in the series cuts through the jargon and mystique of the financial markets to give the reader a clear picture of how and why these markets function as they do.
Key features include:
- clear definitions of financial terms
- worked examples of transactions and contracts
- summaries and overviews
- valuation techniques
- quick Quiz questions to reinforce the learning experience
- strip cartoons to explain complex trades
- entertaining cartoons from Alex to lighten the load
- war stories and anecdotes from Mark Mobius based on his remarkable experiences
- other Resources section to guide the reader to other useful books, websites and reference material
|Product dimensions:||7.35(w) x 10.30(h) x 0.80(d)|
About the Author
Dr. Mobius earned his bachelors and masters degrees from Boston University and a Ph.D. in Economics and Political Science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He is the author of the books Trading With China, The Investor’s Guide to Emerging Markets, Mobius on Emerging Markets and Passport to Profits.
Dr. Mobius has received the following awards: Emerging Markets Equity Manager of the Year 2001 by International Money Marketing, Top Ten Money Managers of the 20th Century in a survey by the Carson Group in 1999, Number One Global Emerging Market Fund in the 1998 Reuters Survey, 1994 First in Business Money Manager of the Year by CNBC, Closed-End Fund Manager of the Year in 1993 by Morningstar, and Investment Trust Manager of the Year 1992 by Sunday Telegraph. He was named in 2006 by Asiamoney magazine as one of Top 100 Most Powerful and Influential People. Asiamoney said: “Boasts one of the highest profiles of any investor in the region and is regarded by many in the financial industry as one of the most successful emerging markets investors over the last 20 years. Despite tough times during the financial crisis nine years ago, he still commands a strong following in the investment world and is influencing the direction of billions of investment dollars”. He was appointed Joint Chairman of the Global Corporate Governance Forum Investor Responsibility Taskforce of the World Bank and Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.
Table of ContentsAcknowledgments.
1. An Introduction to Mutual Funds.
2. Types of Mutual Funds.
3. Making Sense of Mutual Fund Documents.
4. Analyzing Performance.
5. Mutual Fund Costs.
6. Buying and Selling Mutual Fund Shares.
7. Building Mutual Fund Portfolios.
8. The Mutual Fund Industry: Trends and Growth Drivers.