|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.28(d)|
Read an Excerpt
MY Inspirational Memoir AND Thoughts
By GUGU GWEN MASONDO
Trafford PublishingCopyright © 2013 Gugu Gwen Masondo
All rights reserved.
My Personal Experience And Relationship With God
1. Father God, Almighty God, open our spiritual eyes and renew our minds and help us to be more sensitive to the Holy Spirit. We need to know who and how you are, Father. We need to know that you're a loving and magnificent god who loves all his children regardless of their race, creed, religion, gender, and sexual orientation. Fill us, Father, with your love. For if we are filled with your love, there's no way we would judge and harm and hurt others in any way. We need you, Father. The world is in tatters because we don't love one another. The world would be a much better place if only we could love one another. We need you, God. Amen.
2. I'm not sure exactly what's going on with me, but what I'm sure of is that something is going on with me. There's a prayer by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. that has resonated with me for quite some time now; and for some reason, I would recite it day and night, every day, long before I accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior. The situations, big or small, don't seem to end, and there's always a lesson in every situation, and I find myself sharing these lessons.
This was the prayer:
Use me, God Show me how to take who I am Who I want to be What I can do And use it for a purpose greater than myself. Amen.
Now I'm not sure if God is answering me or what. Question is, did I even understand what this prayer actually meant and the depth of it?
3. Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, Before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations. (Jeremiah 1:5, NIV)
4. 26. Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth.
27. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong;
28. God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are,
29. so that no one may boast before him.
(1 Corinthians 1:26-29) NIV.
5. Stop telling me there is no God Stop telling me I'm crazy Stop telling me I'm a fool Maybe I am crazy, for who believes in something they can't see? Maybe I am a fool, for who has faith in things they can't see? Let me tell you something I don't have to see him with the naked eye I see him through the amazing things he does I've seen him do unbelievable, great things in my life I've seen him turn my life around So allow me to stay crazy and foolish Let me be.
6. I'm not my father I'm not my mother I'm not my past I'm not my background I'm not my mistakes I'm me Beautifully, uniquely, and wonderfully made in His image.
7. My Son My one and only son My cool, calm, collected son Through all my trials and tribulations You were there, giving me the strength to carry on Through all the good times, you were there, rejoicing with me I know, for sure, you'll always be there through it all. I wish you joy, peace, love, and prosperity. My prayer is for you to find God and know that he is the one who carried us through it all.
8. I Gained Freedom The day I stopped letting people take me for granted, I gained freedom The day I stopped letting men treat me as their doormat, I gained freedom The day I stopped being a people pleaser, I gained freedom The day I stopped complaining and moaning and did some introspection, I gained freedom The day I stopped being angry and bitter, I gained freedom The day I stopped lacking confidence and self-esteem and started believing in myself, I gained freedom The day I stopped allowing friends to control me, I gained freedom I am on a journey to gain eternal freedom
9. Ego, ego, ego, ego, ego The destroyer of friendships The destroyer of relationships The destroyer of families The destroyer of businesses The destroyer of ministries The destroyer of nations Ego, ego, ego, ego, ego
10. We choose to grow up We choose to change for the better We choose to let our past stay where it belongs, in the past We choose to become wiser We choose to strive to be the best human beings we can be I've chosen the above and will not let anyone or anything distract me.
11. You wanna change who I am You wanna alter my character You wanna change the way I look You wanna change my values Who do you think you are?
12. The same power that raised Jesus from the dead dwells inside me! What shall I fear then? Nothing! The same power has carried me through it all! The same power is propelling me into my divine destiny!
13. I'm so in love with truth! It sets you free! You don't have to tell a different lie all the time and get caught! You have a free conscience! You are your real self, and you don't feel the need to be fake! You don't have to live in fear in case somebody spills the beans about you and you become their puppet!
14. I choose to live in truth with nothing to hide. There's nothing worse than living a lie, I believe. You always try to cover your tracks, worrying about what people will think of you when the truth comes out. You try to be somebody you're not to please people. I'd rather be accepted or not accepted for the person that I am.
15. When you feel empty inside, you do all you can to fill the void. You try women, men, friends, and the best clothes. You travel the world, you collect beautiful cars, and you buy beautiful houses. But still the void is there. Maybe it's time you realized that it's your spirit that's empty—not you the body, but you the spirit
16. The power of freedom—what a wonderful feeling it is that no one but God has power over me! I'm free!
17. I know Him, I don't know about him! I know his faithfulness, his love, his mercy, and his grace! I don't know about them; I've experienced them all!
18. When the people of this world turned their back on me, when some treated me like trash, my God was there, loving me and caring for me! I adore him!
19. One of the reasons I'm so madly in love with my Father: he has only one eye that he sees you with. Unlike us, man, who have as many eyes as we choose, depending on people's situation and circumstances. Sometimes, we choose the black eyes when somebody is going through trying times. Other times, we choose the white eyes when they're in a good place, when things are going well for them. It's human nature, I guess.
20. My Father has the power to turn trash into treasure in an instant! He has the power to turn disgrace into grace, humiliation into honor, and shame into mercy! He can pick you up and turn your life around! When He lifts you up, he will never let you fall! He can prepare the table before you in the presence of your enemies! Oh, how I love thee !
21. This life taught me well. It humbled me long before time.
22. Some say Favor Ain't Fair. My question is: Are the struggles of life fair? Are the trials and tribulations fair? Is the pain of being rejected, overlooked, used, misused, abused, fair? Is being bewitched by your own mother who makes you the sex object of men who afterward spit you out, for forty-two years, because of her ignorance, selfishness, and greed, fair? I think not. I say favor is more than fair! Whoever has a problem with people who're favored should try and walk those people's journey and feel how it's like to be in the wilderness for that long—that is if they'll last a few months!
My Advice For Women And Men
23. To the young men and women, the choices and decisions you make now are very crucial in determining your future. Please make sure they're good choices and decisions. You're even lucky if you have the support system in your family. Make good use of them—take their advice, which you may not always agree with, but they mean well and love you and want to see you do well and succeed. Please don't leave anything too late. I wish you well with your future endeavors.
24. You've got a bright future ahead of you. It all depends on the choices you make now. Make sure it's the choices that you'll be proud of tomorrow. If not, you can always learn from your mistakes and start over again. Life is too precious and so are you. Strive to be the best human being you can be. Happy Youth Day.
25. Do you realize how lucky you are to have both parents who care for you, love you, give you guidance, education, etc.? Sadly, most people don't realize this—they think it's their parents' duty to do all that for them, and they see that as their right. That's true, but how many children out there have parents who are not present? They abandoned their children who are raised by foster parents—stepdad, stepmom, adoptive parents—and some are homeless. I think it's important to appreciate our parents for all they do for us, the sacrifices they make for us so that we may have the brighter future that most of them never had. Let's not take them for granted. Let's give them the respect they deserve.
26. This dating nonsense, been there myself, so I am not at all judging anyone. This is only my view. Fine, you're gonna date this guy, obviously sleep with him, break up with him, date another one, sleep with him, and on and on and on. Is it not possible to date without having sex until one is sure this is "the one"? or until marriage?
27. The body language says it all. One doesn't need to say anything. Have you noticed how she or he doesn't hold your hand? You're the only one who does. You try to hold it, but he or she pulls it away? You give him or her a hug, she or he doesn't hug you back? Or he or she does, reluctantly so, but he or she won't embrace you with the arms? You try to give him or her a kiss, he or she immediately finds something to do to take his or her attention away from you? The list goes on.
28. Why is it so difficult for some women to stay without men? She breaks up with a guy today, and the following week, she's in another so-called relationship. Breathe, girlfriend. He's not some psychologist, 'cause that's what you're looking for actually. You may find yourself in a worse situation than before.
29. Some women can be very cruel and heartless. How can they let a man who's not the father raise their child? Where is the conscience? compassion? Does she even think of the consequences of her actions? How will the child feel when she or he eventually finds out (because the truth will come out)? What will this do to the man who has been responsible and loved this child?
30. The way we as women let men treat us, all in the name of "love, " is very sad. If only we could love ourselves more, value ourselves more, and respect ourselves more as women. A messed-up childhood or any reason that makes us behave as such, we can rise above it.
31. I don't think it's a good, smart, and wise idea for a woman to depend on a man financially. Although this doesn't apply to all men, but some men will take advantage of the situation. You become their puppet—they mistreat you; they don't have respect for you—you have no choice but to accept their infidelity. You accept all kinds of crap he dishes because you rely on him for everything. Is it that difficult to get a job somewhere? to start small with a business and grow steadily? Come on, we're much stronger than we think.
32. Why do we as women become pregnant without discussing it with our partners? Why are we not responsible enough and take necessary precautions in preventing unplanned pregnancies and STIs including HIV?
33. To all the gorgeous sisters out there (all women are gorgeous), please know that it's not always your fault: To be promiscuous; to throw yourself at and be obsessed with men who don't want you; To lack self-esteem and confidence in yourself; To sell yourself short; To undermine yourself; To associate with the wrong crowd because you want to fit in; The list is endless. Please seek Him while it's still early, while you're still free of sexually transmitted infections, including HIV. He will rescue you like he rescued me! He will cleanse you like he cleansed me! He will make you a new creature like he made me! He will love you, protect you, and carry you only if you accept him as your Lord and Savior!
34. Girlfriends, God loves us. He wants only the best for us. He created us in his own image. We are beautifully, uniquely, wonderfully, and fearfully made. He didn't create us to be some man's puppet, a punching bag and a sex object for any man interested. I urge you to please look within, search for answers, and ask yourself some questions. Why do you behave the way you do? Go for counseling and prayers. No self-loving, self-respecting, self-confident, smart woman would throw her life away to a man. We have the power inside us to stand on our own until God blesses us with partners who're going to love us and treat us like the queens that we are.
35. Young ladies, especially those who would love to "test" their so-called boyfriend's "love" for them, don't give him your "secret garden," as one friend of mine would call it, just for a month—no no no—you can make it a week or two. Believe me, you'll know where you stand with him or how he feels about you ( depending on how good of an actor he is).
Sex doesn't mean love. Sex doesn't mean he cares. Sex doesn't mean he thinks you're the most beautiful girl he's been with. Sex doesn't mean he values you more. Sex doesn't mean he thinks you're special to him. No, darlings! If he loves you, he will respect your body! If he loves you, he will wait! If he loves you, he will value you! He will treat you like the princess that you are!
36. No man should make you cry, girlfriend. Unless it's tears of joy, you cry because he makes you happy. No man should make you his punching bag. That's how you'll know you're involved with a coward. He should be out there punching other men in the boxing ring, not in your home, or releasing his stress levels at the gym by doing some punching there.
37. Girlfriends, some men, if not most men, will do and say anything (I mean anything) to get what they want from you. They'll tell you all the empty promises and all the lies you can think of in the world, including these: I'm going to divorce my wife and marry you; I'm going to dump Nokuthula and be with you; I'll pay all your bills, you won't have to worry about anything; I love your smile, your eyes, your legs, I can't imagine my life without having to look at them every day. Yeah, right! The lies are endless. Take your time to know him, please, his background and his life. Save your beautiful selves from some losers out there. Much love.
38. Some men will never say no to sex, even when they realize and know that all you're doing is numbing the pain you're feeling by using your body like that. Do they care? No. Please go to the people who care about you, people who love you, for help—your family, pastors, counsellors, any person you really trust, etc. Much love.
39. Ladies, there's nothing wrong with taking a break from dating. It's very essential and perfectly healthy to be alone for as long as one needs to be—to regroup, reflect, introspect, deal with issues at hand and love oneself more.—to avoid making the same mistakes over and over again.
40. Is it about being in a relationship? Or is it about being with the right person whom you're happy with, in love with, and who treats you right? Unfortunately, some people don't get it. They think that as long as you're in a relationship, that makes you a "normal" person. Sad.
41. I don't believe in the myth that you need to go out a lot if you're looking for a partner so you can be seen. All you'll be looking for is sex. There are sharks out there who are only interested in one thing. I believe in God's perfect timing. When it is time, you can meet your life partner anywhere, even while jogging, smelling of sweat.
42. Your tears are too precious for him, girlfriend. Heavens rejoice if or when they fall during praise and worship. Or you can, if you feel like it, cry fake tears when you want something from your man.
43. You may be somebody's fool, doormat, punching bag, etc., right now, but watch how God wipes away your tears and how he deals with your enemies and pays you back for all the pain you've endured.
Excerpted from MY Inspirational Memoir AND Thoughts by GUGU GWEN MASONDO. Copyright © 2013 Gugu Gwen Masondo. Excerpted by permission of Trafford Publishing.
All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.
Excerpts are provided by Dial-A-Book Inc. solely for the personal use of visitors to this web site.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 My Personal Experience And Relationship With God................. 1
Chapter 2 My Advice For Women And Men.................... 11
Chapter 3 My Quotations.................... 31
Chapter 4 My Thoughts And Inspiration.................... 51
Chapter 5 My Thoughts And Inspirational Messages.................... 87