Step-by-step instructions with callouts to MacBook photos that show you exactly what to do.
Help when you run into MacBook or Snow Leopard problems or limitations.
Tips and Notes to help you get the most from your MacBook.
Full-color, step-by-step tasks walk you through getting and keeping
your MacBook working just the way you want. The tasks include:
• Managing and organizing your desktop
• Accessing the Internet through wired, wireless, and cellular networks
• Communicating via email, audio, and video chat
• Troubleshooting system problems
• Entertaining with music and videos
• Keeping in touch and on-time with Calendars and Contacts
• Accessing your data from anywhere with MobileMe
• Sharing files, printers, and even scanners over your network connection
• Expanding your capabilities with peripheral devices
• Protecting and securing your data
• Recording video and publishing it instantly to YouTube or MobileMe
• Configuring your AirPort base station to best support your MacBook’s capabilities
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||46 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|
About the Author
John Ray is a life-long fan of Apple’s products; he has been an avid Mac user since its inception in 1984. He relies on Mac OS X both at work and at home because it is a robust, flexible platform for programming, networking, and design.Over the past 12 years, John has written books on Mac OS X, iPhone development, Adobe Creative Suite, Linux, networking, and computer security. He currently manages the application development team in the Office of Sponsored Programs at The Ohio State University. He lives with his long-time girlfriend, their dogs Maddy and Coco, and an assortment of tech toys.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
This little gem of a book applies to Macbooks, Macbooks Pros, and Macbook Air computers. I have had my Macbook Pro for 3 years and and I can honestly say that learning my way around this amazing computer would have been faster and easier if I had this book as a resource at the beginning. This book covers it all from opening to closing and in a clear, concise, very well illustrated way.I recently upgraded my software from Tiger to Snow Leopard and this book even helped with this. Although there is enough technical date in the book to satisfy a techy type I think that the book is also well done enough that it is easy for a rank beginner to be able to use and learn from. It's an excellent reference book that now lives close to my Macbook Pro. I can highly recommend this book
Love it! Still getting used to the differences between PC and a MAC but going good. So nice not to have to do security and program updates every day!
It is not what I expected nor needed and will return it.