The Mystery at Mount Rushmore (Real Kids Real Places Series) by Carole Marsh
Christina, Grant, Mimi and Papa make their way to Mount Rushmore to check out the colossal carving of four presidents.. and find a mountain's worth of mystery, history, precocious prairie dogs, quirky clues, befuddling Badlands, and one Crazy Horse! One sassy sculptor! A batch of badlands! One store named Wall! Four story faces! And a Loooooong way down!
LOOK what's inside this mystery - people, places, history and more!
PLACES: South Dakota: Mount Rushmore National Memorial - Avenue of Flags
• Grand View Terrace
• Lincoln Borglum Museum
• Wall Drug Store, Route 90
• Sioux reservation
• Custer State Park, Pierre
• Prairie dog town
• Peter Norbeck Visitor Center
• Crazy Horse Monument and Visitor Center, Custer County.
PEOPLE: George Washington
• Thomas Jefferson
• Abraham Lincoln
• Theodore Roosevelt
• Gutzon Borglum, Sculptor
• Lincoln Borglum, Sculptor
• Crazy Horse, Sioux warrior
• Henry Standing Bear
• Korczak Ziolkowski, sculptor.
HISTORY/GEOGRAPHY/SOCIAL STUDIES: Mount Rushmore History and Facts
• South Dakota History, Geography, Weather, Animal Life and Plant Life
• The Badlands History, Geology: Erosion, Corrosion, Rock minerals, "mako sica", Animals: coyote
• Prairie Products: Wheat and Animals: prairie dogs, bison, burros
• Sioux Nation History, Reservation and Traditional Dance: rain dance
• The Promise
This mystery incorporates history, geography, culture and cliffhanger chapters that keep kids begging for more! Each mystery includes SAT words, educational facts, fun and humor, scavenger hunt and activities. Each Carole Marsh Mystery has Accelerated Reader Reading Levels, Lexile Measures, Fountas & Pinnell Guided Reading Levels and Developmental Reading Assessments Levels.