Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
One LONG river! One giant arch! One runaway paddle wheeler! Four huckleberry friends! And five days to solve a mighty mystery! Christina and Grant start in New Orleans. Their two new friends start at the headwaters of the Mississippi River in Minnesota. They planned to meet at the Gateway Arch in Saint Louis. But they didn't plan on getting involved in a very strange mystery which takes them over locks and dams, past Tom Sawyer's cave and past many other fascinating sights along the mighty Mississippi. Are they being followed? Tricked or trapped? Come along for the ride and see!
LOOK what's in this mystery - people, places, history, and more!
New Orleans history, facts, and traditions
• The French Quarter of New Orleans
• Mardi Gras history
• Cajun history and lifestyle (seafood gumbo, zydeco, and Cajun two-step)
• Funeral traditions in New Orleans
• Where the Mississippi River runs
• Mississippi River history and facts
• Paddlewheeler boats
• Life along the Mississippi River
• Gateway Arch construction, architecture, and history
• St. Louis history
• Jackson Square
• The Cabildo, famous fort where the Louisiana Purchase had been signed
• City of the Dead, Burial Ground
• Gateway Arch, St. Louis, Missouri
• Museum of Western Expansion.
This mystery incorporates history, geography, culture and cliffhanger chapters that keep kids begging for more! This mystery includes SAT words, educational facts, fun and humor, Built-In Book Club and activities. This Carole Marsh Mystery also has an Accelerated Reader quiz, a Lexile Level, a Fountas & Pinnell guided reading level and a Developmental Reading Assessment level.