|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||5 MB|
About the Author
SHARMILA M. MUKHOPADHYAY, PhD, is Professor of Mechanical and Materials Engineering at Wright State University. Her research, supported by grants from the USEPA, AFOSR, AFRL, NSF, DOE, OBOR, NASA, and industry, focuses on nanomaterials, surface and interface phenomena, and multidisciplinary materials education. Dr. Mukhopadhyay has published more than one hundred articles and reports.
Table of ContentsPreface.
Section I. Overview.
1. Key attributes of nano-scale materials and functionalities emerging from them (S. M. Mukhopadhyay).
2. Societal Impact and Future Trends in Nanomaterials (S. M. Mukhopadhyay).
Section II. Processing and Analysis.
3. Fabrication Techniques for Growing Carbon Nanotubes (I. T. Barney).
4. Nanoparticles and Polymer Nanocomposites (G. A. Jimenez, B. J. Lee, and S. C. Jana).
5. Laser-Assisted Fabrication Techniques (T. Murray).
6. Experimental Characterization of Nanomaterials (A. Jackson).
7. Modeling and Simulation of Nanoscale Materials (S. Patnaik and M. Tsige).
Section III. Applications.
8. Nanomaterials for Alternate Energy (H. Huang and B. Z. Jang).
9. Enhancement of Through-Thickness Thermal conductivity in Adhesively Bonded Joints Using Aligned Carbon Nanotubes (S. Sihn, S. Ganguli, A. K. Roy, L. Qu, and L. Dai).
10. Applications of Metal Nanoparticles in Environmental Cleanup (S. R. Kanel, C. Su, U. Patel, and A. Agrawal).
11. Application of Carbon Nanomaterials in Water Treatment: Removal of Common Chemical and Biological Contaminants by Adsorption (V. K. K. Updahyayula, J. R. Ruparelia, and A. Agrawal).
12. Peptide Nanotubes for Biomedical and Environmental Applications (B. W. Park and D. S. Kim).
What People are Saying About This
"Leading nanomaterial specialists have contributed to the content of this book. Each chapter provides a comprehensive review of the latest literature. References provided in each chapter will be helpful for readers to study individual topics in detail." (Azonano.com, 3 February 2012)